Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikitadc5
What's DOS?
Views: 1,480
Message 1 of 4

My SENT email is MISSING or LOST

Anyone experience this problem? After hitting the send button, your SENT email is not in the SENT or even the OUTBOX folder. It kinda got lost. MISSING !!! Please someone enlighten me. It happen many times already and I'm so frustrated. I have people informing me they did not received my email even though I told them I've sent it about an hour ago!

I also check my email account online using a computer. The SENT email is not there too.

Thanks so much!

Niki

MOTOROLA MILESTONE 2

nikitadc5
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: My SENT email is MISSING or LOST

Anyone? Please help? Is it the phone or my network provider problem? This is so frustrating. How to ensure my emails are sent properly & immediately by my phone?

Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

nikitadc5,

That is a strange problem. Can you please let me know what kind of email account you are using? ActiveSync (CorpSync) or SMTP? The ActiveSync should send your email right away and even if it's not sending out, you should be able to see it in your outbox.

If you are using activesync, I would suggest you to remove the account and re-add it back.

Please let us know how that works.

Bin

nikitadc5
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Hi Bin,

Thank you for replying.

I've personal and work emails. I set up my personal emails automatically using the pre-installed programme in the phone? Is it call activesync? Anyway, I remember I just have to input my user id name and password and all of them successfully configured. I did not use the corporate sync. I have tried removing and adding them back. Problem still presists.

So I did my own testing and observations. 1st scenario, my email was sent but it was not in the sent or outbox folder. It just disappear. The receiver do received it, but there are times they can't received it instantly. Maybe few minutes or hours later.

2nd scenario, I sent an email. The email got stucked in the outbox folder. I waited and waited. Refreshed and refreshed, still it is not sent. So I let it be and few hours later I checked, still not sent! So I restart my phone and immediately it was sent.

I cannot rectify what is the caused. So, each time I sent an email, I've to check my outbox or sent folder immediately. If it got stucked again, I just restart my phone. It is such a hassle, but I live through it. Hoping motorola will fix the push email glitches or bugs or whatever you call it.

Cheers!

Niki