Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e-lu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,704
Message 1 of 5

Same old email push problem after GB update

So the Exchange sync has been working fine for me on the Droid 2 using TouchDown since the GB update, but I have a coworker also with a Droid 2 who uses Corporate Sync and he has been having the same email push problems as before: twice since loading GB last week he has noticed that he is not being notified of emails sent hours earlier until he manually enters his mail box and checks his email. 

I wonder if others are continuing to have the problem.

karter8
802.11n
Message 2 of 5

Re: Same old email push problem after GB update

Go to Settings > Battery & data manager > Data delivery > Email and corporate sync > Email deliver > Sync over Wi-Fi only and make sure there isn't a check mark next to the Corporate Sync account.

Eventhough I don't have the GB update (I've got a Droid3), push wasn't working for me after I came back from a vacation.  I had enabled wi-fi only sync to make sure I wasn't using data while roaming and I neglected to restore the setting after returning to the VZW service area.

e-lu
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion karter8!  If only it were that easy. 

There has been a long-running (more than a year now) bug with the Motorola Droid X, 2, Pro, and 2 Global where the phones didn't play nice with a lot of MS Exchange implementations.  The problem was the same - messages would not get pushed to the phone and you would have manually pull, even though all push/data delivery settings were appropriate - but the problem was observed across different versions of Exchange, etc.   If you are interested, there are (quite literally) thousands of posts about this going back over the last year in the Droid X, Droid 2, Android for Business, and other forums. 

We were told GB was going to fix it, and so far for me it has been fixed, but my coworker, who also had the same problem with his D2 has continued having issues after GB, sadly.

I think you should be in the clear, though.  I haven't heard about this problem affecting the D3.

karter8
802.11n
Message 4 of 5

Oh, I was well aware of the issue.  It was part of the reason why I never pulled the trigger on a D2 in the first place.  It seemed like the noise in the forums had died down since the update, so I figured your co-worker's problem may due to a settings issue.

appleseed
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

update...

thid also happens on the atrix 2 using our exchange 2007.

very frustrating. i also dont get any synch with my contacts at all.