Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucyenever1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,478
Message 1 of 4

Text problem - Pls help

I have had my atrix for approx 4 months and I am a fan - however yesterday my feelings began to change - when texting the touckscreen keypad keeps flashing off and then relaods texts when i begin writing there it goes again - does anyone know of a software update / fix to this it is also impacting me sending emails. the rest of the phone is working perfectly and it has not been damaged - this is why im guessing at a software issue

thanks lucy

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Re: Text problem - Pls help

Is this problem a texting (SMS) issue, or fall types of input - email, searches, etc.?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
s0und_lab
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

i am having the exact same issue. a few days ago i was sending a text, all of a sudden the text was dissapearing, as i typed parts of the words would appear or nothing would show up (however the suggestion bar would still populate). also after i press space the keyboard will dissapear, and i have to press in the text box to make the keyboard appear again. it now takes twice as long to send a short text.

i am not sure if this affects email, however it does affect social networking (eg when pdating facbook status)

ash

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 4

If it is happening in more then one app, then it can't be the app. Have you installed any alternate input applications? Do you have a case or screen protector? Any new apps recently that may be the culprit?

If no to all of the above, then you could try a system reset. If that doesn't fix it then your phone will need to be serviced. A system reset does erase all data, so it should be a last resort.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum