Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveFLIPOUT™ with MOTOBLUR™ (Non-U.S.)
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

08-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

One more... System Updates does not work.

2011-08-26, 1:58 AM

My phone states "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later."

I tried a factory reset, but to no avail... Same message still shows. Is there a manual update check?

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: One more... System Updates does not work.

2011-08-26, 2:06 AM

I don't know of any update for the Flipout, so this message is accurate.

What makes you think there should be a different response?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

10 Posts

08-24-2011

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 6

2011-08-26, 4:24 AM

First off, I am new to Motorola and Android, but I would expect one or the other to at least make some attempt to fix bugs. This phone has plenty.

Second, I would expect it to at least say something about there being no updates at this time, rather than "Check for updates was not available". It makes it sound like it cannot access the server.

Third, I read a post from someone with a Flipside that stated the same problem and got replies about it being odd, but I would guess that would be a result of Motorola actually making an effort to help the customers with the Flipside.

Fourth, it seems as though I have read elsewhere about people having newer versions of software on their Flipout. I figured this update option would be similar to Windows Update. But, apparently Moto isn't as 'on top of things'.

Thanks for the reply though. It seems to clear up some of my question.

Options

7 Posts

10-07-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2011-10-07, 1:43 AM

Yes I'm having the same issue. I tried looking for system updates, as none of my android apps are downloading, and got the same message.

This phone has driven me crazy for the past year. Just really bad performer and i've had plenty of phones and other devices that haven't been as much trouble as this one.

Options

4740 Posts

06-19-2010

United States of America

101 Signins

1907 Page Views

• Views: 1907
  • Message 5 of 6

2011-10-08, 1:50 AM

anniejnz wrote:

Yes I'm having the same issue. I tried looking for system updates, as none of my android apps are downloading, and got the same message.

This phone has driven me crazy for the past year. Just really bad performer and i've had plenty of phones and other devices that haven't been as much trouble as this one.

Hello,

If you check here this should give you an idea of if or when software updates/upgrades will be out.  Also, I'm sure that one of the Forum managers would post something in this section.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

Thanks,

J

Options

16327 Posts

11-22-2013

United States of America

13 Signins

325 Page Views

• Views: 325
  • Message 6 of 6

2011-11-29, 17:19 PM

Menu > Settings > Data Manager > Data Delivery > Social Applications > Sync only over wifi

If that is checked but you aren't connected to wifi you will get the error you mentioned. If you uncheck it and then check for updates it should show an update if there is one or report that no update is available.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms