Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr_omero
What's DOS?
Views: 224
Message 1 of 4

AT&T FlipOut in Turkey

Hello to everyone and thanks in advance for all the help I'll receive.

I've bought an AT&T branded FlipOut from U.S.A. from a friend and plan to use it in my country (Turkey). Unfortunately MotoBlur registration doesn't work in my country and I cannot go any further upon turning on my phone. I need to de-activate the registration process to be able to use the phone. I have googled for solutions but whatever I found did not work although the people often said that it worked like a charm. I've tried to flash some other FlipOut ROMs but something in the phone put by AT&T did not allow any other ROMs than AT&T's. The phone gives an error message like "DBAD CC00" and doesn't boot any further. I flashed the original ROM back and registration nightmare restarted again.

Is it possible to strip everything from AT&T and have a non-branded vanilla FlipOut? Then I can install the Turkish ROM and use the phone in my country. I came across things in the forum that are dubbed "not proper to be discussed in this forum". I'm not sure if the answer to my question is suitable for the forum but I'm really in a desperate situation. I can't use a phone I liked and wanted to have so much.

Any help would be appreciated.

dr_omero
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: AT&T FlipOut in Turkey

Come on people,

is this an abandoned forum or what?

strangechild
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

I don't think there are enough Flip Out users in general to keep this forum moving. And I'm in the US so I have no suggestions for you. Sorry.

dr_omero
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Thanks anyway. At least I've got one reply.