Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FordRacing9079
What's DOS?
Views: 163
Message 1 of 4

Issues with Audio Settings

Every time I go to [Settings>Sound and Display>Media Audio Effects>Wired Stereo Devices>Equalizer] and scroll down, I get the following error message:

"The application Media audio Effects (process com.motorola.android.AudioEffectSettings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again....Force close".

I would really like to be able to access my built in equalizer.

mzlmoto
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issues with Audio Settings

i am having the same problem with my flipout (Aus, vodafone branded). However, i also have it on the "surround" option (when "effects profile" = "custom"). I did not always have this problem with the eq, it started when i went through the list of options & would scroll down to the bottom. Eq would ONLY crash when i scrolled to the bottom of the list, but since i selected the "vocalizer" option (which is at/near the bottom of the list) the options/scroll window now always crashes - the "surround" option has always crashed, i have never been able to open the "surround"

options/scroll window.

I have tried downloading the patch last sunday (v1.19.4 i think) through "settings -> about -> system updates" but neither problem was fixed with the patch (although the battery needed to be recharged every 6hours during for 2 days after the patch was applied - seems normal now).

thanks

EDIT:

I have reposted this in the non-US forum since i'm in AU. Here:  https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/57196

niladri
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hey Guys I'm from India, facing the same weird problem on my phone, though a Charm MB502, running on Android 2.1 update 1, (probably like yours!) got it resolved myself, even after the Motorola support staff and service centre guys couldn't fix it after a complete firmware loading from their PC. Its a workaround to be more exact. May be its a bug!

Hope it works for you too!

Head over to Settings> Languages and Keyboard> Select Locale (mine was English(United Kingdom) by default!)

KEEP THIS LOCALE TO THE DEFAULT VALUE AFTER DOING A FACTORY RESET(COZ AFTER THAT YOU'LL KNOW THE DEFAULT VALUE OF THIS FIELD). HOPE THEN YOU'LL BE ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR AUDIO SETTINGS(AND EQUALISER!) AT YOUR WILL. DON'T CHANGE THE DEFAULT VALUE OF THIS "locale" SETTINGS, AND MAY BE IT'LL WORK FINE FOR YOU. WORKED FOR ME!

Please let me know if it worked!!

mzlmoto
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

WOW!!! IT WORKED!!!    I didn't even reset it! I just changed it to  English (UK) & all ok now!! I can now even open up the "surround"  settings for the 1st time!!! (I can now chose from "wide" &  "ambient" now!!)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

thank you

thank you!