Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrlink
What's DOS?
Views: 310
Message 1 of 8

Problems with flipout and at&t blocking and opensourse

I have and isue with my phone, the thing is, i have a flipout from amazon web page the phone its global unlocked, since i dont live in the US and it is so hard to find a good phone in a good price in my country i decide to go that way, whats the isue, well the phone comes from at&t this guys set a buch off apps to the phone that first of all im not avaible to use since im not on the us second i can not uninstall them they took some options away from the phone like letting me install apps from a unknow source so i can not try my OWN apps plus the 3G i can not turn it off or swap it to 2G i can not add the network from my carrier,i mean i can make and recive calls but i dont want my phone just to do that, is there any form someone can help me with in orther to solve my isue.

Thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problems with flipout and at&t blocking and opensourse

@mrlink,

Welcome to the forum.

First the bad news. Unfortunately, even many unlocked phones bought in the US are at&t branded so there is no "official" way to remove those apps. By "official" I mean without voiding your warranty.

The good news is that you can now install the third-party apps on your phone. Check out this thread on sideloading. I hope this helps.

mrlink
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

Hey sir thaks for ur answer the thing is since is a global unloock phone i dont have a waranty so i dont care if u can give me a tuto to perform a master reset and take out all that crap that o wont use ever

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 8

@mrlink,

Unfortunately, the rules of this forum forbid discussing such matters. In this case, google is your friend.

mrlink
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

Ok before i proced just let me ask you a question if i install everyting from 0 is there a chance i migth loose the international unlook and moto blur?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 8

A system reset will not remove moto blur. The unlock should not be removed either - but I don't know what has been done to the phone before you got it.

Apps that you can't install are usually part of the ROM and installed by AT&T - so a reset will not remove them - unless this person put a custom ROM on and then we can't help you.

If you do have a custom ROM, I have no idea what a reset may do.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
mrlink
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

I have install nothing of that u mension all i have are some apps from store fb twitter msn normal things i did a master reset but nothing happend i dont even let me install apps from unkown sourse is there anyway i can fix this because they do block me too the option to choose betwen 3G and 2G and that sucks tooo

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 8

If you check the thread that I provided in my first response, at least you will find the instructions on how to gain access to off-market apps. I hope that helps at least a little bit.