Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dieselmech86
What's DOS?
Views: 448
Message 1 of 9

Aplication won't install

I am trying to install a relatively small application with a size (according to the Market) of 1.3MB. Every time I try to install, it says there is insufficient storage available. I have cleared more than 1.3MB of unused data and storage out to give me a total, according to the settings on my phone, of 15.5MB free space on the phone. My SD card has 1GB of free space. The market still says there is insufficient storage available to install this 1.3MB file. What gives? I've cleared more data out than that and it still won't install. I went from 9MB free space on the phone to 15. How is there not enough space? I've even turned the phone off and restarted trying to reset the RAM to no avail.

I am getting tired of this phone. I just want it fixed so I can make do until my contract expires with AT&T. I have had nothing but problems since I updated to Android 2.2. Motorola really messed up with this phone giving it such a small internal storage. This will probably be the last Motorola product I buy.

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 9

Re: Aplication won't install

Settings > applications > manage applications > all > market > clear data >

turn phone off and back on > try again.

On Nov 1, 2011 5:41 PM, "dieselmech86" <

dieselmech86
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

I have cleared the data and cashe three times, restarted, and it still says insufficient storage available.

Am I going to have to do yet another factory data reset? I've done this 5 times previously for other assorted problems.

dieselmech86
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 9

Also, Google books just self updated. I uninstalled the updates as I don't use the app. The update was a 2.33 MB file. After the uninstall of the books app, I tried installing the app I was trying to install previously, an app from my bank. It still says insufficent storage available.

jmcarroll79
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

I have the same problem... I have 7.28 MB of internal storage but 14.81 GB of storage on my sd card.  Unfortunately, I am unable to transfer apps to my SD card.

dieselmech86
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

Still having the problem. Tried what you suggested again, and still when the phone starts up, Market starts up automatically and updates the Book app, an application I don't use. Uninstalled the update, tried installing the bank app again, still insuficiant storage available. Am I going to have to do another factory data reset?

mmof2grls
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

This works everytime for me! Thank you so much! I was going stir crazy having my phone show a lot of memory but not letting me install anything after download.

tcochrane1
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

I have the same problem, and none of the suggestions above have worked.  Isn't there anything that can be done short of a complete reset?

moira1
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

jmcarroll79 said:

I have the same problem... I have 7.28 MB of internal storage but 14.81 GB of storage on my sd card.  Unfortunately, I am unable to transfer apps to my SD card.

Yu can upgrade to 2.2.  It is on this website.  then you wil be able to move some apps to the sd card.