Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbaker540
What's DOS?
Views: 734
Message 1 of 85

Flipside Touchscreen Issues....

I bought my flipside right before the new year.....I have had severe issues with the touch screen. It will lock up on me, start pressing buttons "on its own," or if i press the top of the screen the bottom of the screen will react like it was tapped.  I have a pattern lock on my phone this is a severe issue.  Im in the us army and if you leave your phone unsecure everyone is going to try to look through it so someone has to tell me how to fix this touchscreen issue.....

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 85

Re: Flipside Touchscreen Issues....

mbaker540 wrote:

I bought my flipside right before the new year.....I have had severe issues with the touch screen. It will lock up on me, start pressing buttons "on its own," or if i press the top of the screen the bottom of the screen will react like it was tapped.  I have a pattern lock on my phone this is a severe issue.  Im in the us army and if you leave your phone unsecure everyone is going to try to look through it so someone has to tell me how to fix this touchscreen issue.....

Do you have a task killer installed?

Also, Moto has the Moto task killer preinstalled, what apps do you have set for auto end?

Thanks,

J

Highlighted
mbaker540
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 85

No....The only thing ive put on my phone is angry birds and air controller...two games....and my touch screen is finiky...it works when it wants to...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 85

mbaker540 wrote:

No....The only thing ive put on my phone is angry birds and air controller...two games....and my touch screen is finiky...it works when it wants to...

Motorola has a preinstalled task killer, open that up and see what apps are set to auto and if any.

The other thing, is maybe try to uninstall 1 game at a time, maybe one of those game is messing with the sensor.

Thanks,

J

mbaker540
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 85

did that.....and the touch screen is still going crazy...this is my second flipside....and the first one did the same thing........

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 85

mbaker540 wrote:

did that.....and the touch screen is still going crazy...this is my second flipside....and the first one did the same thing........

I have the flipside and find it very stable.  Open the app draw, and look for a app call task manager.  Open that app, once loaded, select the auto-end list tab, and list what apps you have under that tab....It may be a task that is getting auto ended, and it may be causeing the problem.  Android apps tend to run off each other, so ending one, may cause a different one to act up or fail.

Thanks,

J

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 7 of 85

I thought of something late last night, do you have any type of screen protector on your flipside?

Thanks,

J

Connected by my Motorola MOTOBLUR™ phone

mbaker540
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 85

I have nothing under the auto end.....and i dont have a screen protector....

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 85

Do you have a case on it?  Sorry for all the questions, but this will help me answer your questions better.

If you have no case, your best bet mey just be to do a factory reset.  That should clear up your problem, and then when you reconfigure your phone, try and do one thing at a time.  That will allow you to see if there is some app or setting that is making it go all weird.  Im very interested in why this is happening. 

Thanks,

J

Connected by my Motorola MOTOBLUR™ phone

mbaker540
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 85

it worked fine all day....now all of the sudden the second i took it off of the charger it flipped out....and yeah....i had a case on it.... I took the case off same problem....... My sd card was configured to....Nothing on it......I also reset my phone and its still doing it.... And finally i reset my phone and its still going on.....then to top it all off my friend has first droid and his phone is doing that as well....... Plus now it has started "pressing the screen" itself.....motorola better fix this problem or they are going to buy me a new iphone....