Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AuntKris
WWAN
Views: 339
Message 11 of 85

Re: Flipside Touchscreen Issues....

Hi There!

Im sorry to have to ask you more questions but are you in an area with a lot of static electricity? Do your clothes generate any?  Are you near equipment that might leak electricity or near anything high voltage?

The way the screens work is the water in our bodies help to conduct small electrical currents on the screen witch signals the computer inside that you have touched the screen.  That is why using your nail or a pen won't trigger it.

The other question I have is has the screen gotten wet while its on.  Not when its locked and black but when the screen is actually lit even if its the lock screen.  It could be any liquid, sweat, beer, tears, rain, etc.

bryanh1
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 85

My daughter is having the EXACT same problem described in the OP.  She has already exchanged it once and now the new phone is doing the exact same thing again.  The only thing I see in common is that she also has angry birds installed. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 13 of 85

Could you try doing a factory reset, and not install angry birds, to see what happens?

Thanks,

J

Connected by my Motorola MOTOBLUR™ phone

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 14 of 85

Ok guys, so i installed angry birds on my flipside, and just played it for the past hour, made it to level 12 and my screen seems fine.  i also only have about 45 mb of free internal space, which isn't that much.  I will leave it installed and beat my flipside up to see if i can get the screen to mess up.

i'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

J

mbaker540
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 85

well ive done everything and the issues are still happening.....If i dont keep a single app on my phone I still have the problems but not as often.  Im bringing my phone to att and im going to get them to exchange it one last time.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 16 of 85

@mbaker540

Could you please send me a PM with the phone IMEI number so that i can pass this on to Motorola?

Thanks,

J

mbaker540
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 85

I have already contacted them.....They said they have no explanation for this.  Im going to ATT today to exchange it for another one.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 18 of 85

Ok that is fine. But could you please send me a Private Message through the forum with the phones IMEI number, so that i can pass this info on to Motorola and maybe they will look into this.

Thanks,

J

mbaker540
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 85

I sent it to you....I have been searching the web and these forums. When i clicked on your profile I noticed this Thread and I read it.  I am having the same exact problems as this person.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/312863#312863(Major Phone Glitches)

Now I am not running an international phone nor am I canadian, but my phone is having the same exact issues.

Right now i am running this on my phone so you have an understanding...

Firmware-2.1-update 1

and im running blur version

bryanh1
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 85

Well, I got a third Flipside for my daughter this weekend, and just got a message from her that the problem is happening yet again.  That will be the last one, she is going to pick a different (read non-motorola flipside) phone as this is totally unacceptable.   I am even thinking to stay away from Motorola phones as this seems to be a QA problem and nothing is being done about it.   Such a shame as when it worked it was a nice unit.

Bryan i