Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 374
Message 31 of 85

Re: Flipside Touchscreen Issues....

What apps are you running?

I have the flipside and think that its a very stable phone, more stable then the backflip was.

Thanks,

J

Connected by MOTOBLUR™

coscro
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 85

I have wheel of fortune, Tikl, Thumb Maze, calculator, and Bump.  That's it.   The phone says my device is full, but when I press the alert my highest item is 16MB of contacts.  That is it.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 33 of 85

Do you use the installed Motorola task manager? 

You can go into that app, when it's loaded and hit the menu button, select settings, and check the box for the system and core apps. That will then show you everything that is running and how much RAM things are using. Let us know what the top ones are, and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

J

Connected by MOTOBLUR™

lizlusk2005
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 85

I have the exact same problems and I am on my second Flipside....AT&T warrantied the first one.  I have no idea what to do.  I don't know if they will warranty it again.....very diappointed because I love the phone and I usually love motorola phone but, wow these problems really suck!!!!!!!

Not applicable
Message 35 of 85

I am having the exact same issues, i thought it was just me or a bad phone.  my phone will just stop responding, the front panel buttons will not respond and the phone goes crazy as if it randomly presses on its own everywhere on the screen. if i slide it open it will not solve the issue. the only way i have solved this is by pressing the top button putting the phone on standby for a minute or two.  the other way was pulling the battery out. at first i thought it was because of my greasy fingers or face but that theory quickly faded when i completely wiped the screen clean and i left it sitting for awhile and it still did the same thing. it does this about 3 or 4 times a day.  i have a screen protector on it that is also an anti glare protector.

here is my thoughts, i feel this is a CRITICAL issue that should have priority in being diagnosed and fixed.  WHY? because if i had this phone and got in a car wreck and it doesn this crap or im at home and some thugs come charging in with guns, or im out in public and somebody is on top of a building threatening to jump and this phone pulls this crap? what if my daughters run into trouble and need to call 911 or me asap and this phone starts doing this crap! you cant make calls or do anything when the phone does this.  i have tested the phone and it will actively continue doing this and will not stop unless its put on standby or the batter is pulled out. in the time it takes to field fix this phone so many things can happen. this is why this needs to be fixed. 

i seen ignorance by people who work for motorola or service carriers. please stop being ignorant and report this issue to get it resolved.  my phone is at factory settings and i have at&t.  there are no apps installed, no accounts have been set up or nothing new has been added to the phone.  all i have done to this phone is add contacts.  the ignorance about using task killer, pointing fingers at the user implying that they are the problem because of apps they installed or that its because of static electricity is unacceptable. 

REMEMBER THE MOTOROLA E815? i do, i hope this isnt another one of them. 

there are thousands of phones that function fine with a full keyboard and touch screen and dont have these "spazzing" issues. many phones function just fine even with "static electricity" or "user installed apps".  so reps please dont point the finger at the user blaming them for the problems they are having.  are'nt these phones meant to be customizable with user apps? i would think so.

i love this phone because it has a big keyboard and i have big hands so it suits me just fine. i love having the touch screen option and how custom i can make the phone. i dont like the phone spazzing episodes at all. i rarely use it so for me i can live with it because it is just an annoyance. i hope this gets fixed so i can keep this phone. i am going in to look for other phones to choose from that might have a big keyboard. i just hope motorola can fix this issue.

i can see new forums being posted about people having the exact same issues. these forums will grow with intesity and if this isnt fixed motorola will have produced another e815. its a shame i really do like this phone.

Moto_Dave
Broadband 3G
Message 36 of 85

Hello the_leroy_family,

just would like to point out that i have seen "screen protectors"  ( film stuck on the touch screen)

cause issues...

can you remove the screen protector and see if that helps

lizlusk2005
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 85

I've never put a screen protector on my phone but have consistantly had these issues.  My phone trys to upload things on its on, chooses icons and moves them to my home screen, types texts messages and sends them on it's own, etc.  The only way I can get it to stop is to press the screen lock button and wait a few minutes and unlock but then sometimes it keeps doing it.  When that happens, i have to pull the battery out and restart the phone.  I turn it off every day. I've installed a task killer app.  I've done just about everything.  I've warrantied the phone once with my phone company and it looks as though I will have to do it again but this time will see if they will allow my to get a different phone as I am very frustrated with this one.  Although I love this phone I just can't deal with it having it's own mind anymore!  Come on Motorola!!!  I really like my motorola phones but it seems as though if you want to compete with the phone market out there you'd have this issue figured out already!! 

coscro
What's DOS?
Message 38 of 85

I'm experiencing the same issues as well.  I did all the little tips and I deleted as many apps as I could.   I still have the same crazy glitchy phone.   The real problem is, as addressed earlier by another user,  that sometimes I can't make any calls.  I had a need to call my employer one morning and I could not get a call out for almost an hour.  I made it into the office before the darn thing would let me make the call.   This has got to be fixed.  Moto told me to send it in, but I need my phone and can't give it up for two weeks while they fix it.

Not applicable
Message 39 of 85

Hey Thanks Dave,

I have had my suspicions about my screen protector also.  I have had many that dont do this with screen protectors but the one I have is a new anti glare/ anti something else and it has a far different texture than others.  What concerns me is I have been paying attention to all the other forums and I have seen post that the phones have the same issue even though the screen protectors are removed. 

I really appreciate your comment and I will give it a try, if it dont work Ill be switing to the flip-out in a few days.

Not applicable
Message 40 of 85

Well here are my latest results.  After washing dishes I had sent the phone into "spazzing" mode by trying to use it.  Since then I have paid attention to having moisture on my fingers.  I noticed that it is likely to set it off but will not do it all the time.  The key ingredients I found are food grease and water.  The phone loves to react to these elements along with my anti scratch/glare screen protector.  I have been able to remedy this somewhat.  Putting it on standby-waiting 10 seconds then turning it back on fixes the problem.  You need to wipe the screen during the 10 seconds that the phone is on standby.  I have seen one instance where I put it on standby then turned it back on and it was just fine until i touched the screen again. 

What sucks is if like me you put the phone to lock the screen when you do that. so not only do you have to wipe to unlock the screen you have to enter your security code and making sure to wipe the screen before you put it back on.  It takes uncessary time to do that.  But thats the only solution I have found to this problem. AT&T would not take this phone back, even though it is defectived, without having to pay the $35 restocking fee first.  Even in light of telling them this phone is defective.  To date all I have had is disappointment with AT&T.  With them not honoring my alltel contracts to this. 

However this is not a fix for the phone.  WHY? Because I had removed the screeen protector and let the phone sit while I watched TV.  The phone didnt even have a single fingerprint on it.  I had removed the security code and screen lock prior to taking the screen protector off.  It sat for about a half hour and then it began spazzing, without anyone touching it, without any screen protector, without any moister or grease, or any environmental cause.  So there is a problem with the phone, its just environmental factors will cause this problem to happen more often. 

I have been using the phone now to the point where its become second nature to fix the screen spaz and unfortunately I am stuck with this phone because my date has passed that i can exchange it.