Re: Flipside Touchscreen Issues....

I wouldn't exactly call it a defect. It's just part of how a capacitive

touch screen works. Every phone that I have owned with a capacitive screen

has acted that way when it got something like water food or grease on the

screen. As far as acting that way when there isn't, you could get the phone

checked out by a tech at an AT&T store to see why

Sent via DroidX2 on Verizon Wireless™

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Not applicable
Views: 321
Message 42 of 85

Thanks for the info,

Well on top of this something else happened.  When i went to settings it was just a blank screen and no matter what i did, even using task killer, it wouldnt pull my screen up.  I just reset the phone by taking the battery out.  That was weird and the other thing i notice this phone does that i dont like at all is when i try to use it to walk or run it completely shuts off all my apps.  When i use it as an mp3 player it will play, the screen will go dark, then right at 2 minutes it will kill the app.  The same for my gps run tracker. It takes awhile to lock gps, i start my routine, then it kills the app. I dont know how to fix that issue yet either. Not an all around phone but im still happy with it because it is........just a phone.

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 43 of 85

If you're using the task manager to kill any system processes or apps it

will cause the issues you're describing.

Please remove all apps from the auto-kill list and observe system

performance. You will need to power cycle the device after you remove the

items in the list.

▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪

America's largest 2G network.

On May 27, 2011 1:33 AM, "the_leroy_family" <

Not applicable
Message 44 of 85

[removed] that topic was already covered and no thats not the cause.

-- Edited for personal attack – please stay on topic and follow our site rules.

Message was edited by: Matt (Forums Manager)

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 45 of 85

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I did read the previous posts as well as the one that was replied to.

Either the device is running low on memory (too many apps running at once) or a task killer is auto-killing all background apps. There is no other reason the apps would be killed after a set amount of time.

barbslv
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 85

I see that this issue has not be talked on lately.....is there a fix for this yet???  or are we all just stuck with a phone that will lock up on us at the worst monents??  I will be getting my 3rd phone from ATT and they are telling me that you can not exchange for another different kind because of warrenty rules with Motorola....I use to love Motorola phones, but i am beginning to hate them.  Seems like that when i have this problem the most is when i am outside where it is hot.  Seems that this phone does not like heat.  Guess they dont need to sell it  where i am then LOL.  I have ask for my 3rd phone from ATT and if this one does not work, then my next step is Motorola.  Seems that the least they would do is to offer you another different Motorola phone.  I have just done a reset on my phone and dont have ANY applications loaded on here.  I have tried all the solutions that are listed here and nothing seems to help.  I guess we are just destined to have a piece of Junk phone that does not work for us that live in hotter climates.

Not applicable
Message 47 of 85

Well for me its not that the problem went away or they fixed the issue as my phone still constantly does this.  The worst was today in the scolding heat when i needed to make a phone call and this --implied profanity removed-- went burzurk on me and then decided to freeze up.  What sucks is when i tried to take this back in for an exchange under my 30 day rule AT&T provided they said i couldnt do it without paying a $50 restocking fee.  Thats straight --profanity removed-- if you ask me so i didnt do it, now i wish i would have.

I absolutely hate my phone.  I hate AT&T because of my Phone, now not only does the screen randomly start pushing its own numbers it has begun to freeze up.  Mind you i did a complete factory reset approximately 9 times or so since i had this phone. 

Here is another damn issue, my GPS has and always had a very hard time locating itself.  Using the Maps on the phone, even the AT&T Maps has done nothing to resolve this.  I tried Google Maps, the factory maps applications and by far the worst was google maps.  What use is this GPS capability if it dont work? Of course I am going to hear "well duhhhhh did you try this and uhhhh you know that...." I am well above average when it comes to common sense issues.

I have tried it standing still in a clear open sky staring at the stars and didnt move for nearly 20 minutes at a time, i tried walking under a clear sky, tried in the open away from interference, walking on a track, while traveling down the interstate and i have to say it is a piece of crap.  the fastest i have ever seen it find itself was 5 minutes of walking under a clear sky. 

My blackberry had absolutely none of these issues.  The GPS on my blackberry took just about 30 seconds to find itself...in a sub floor basement.  I wouldnt be so pissed at AT&T..........if they didnt try to charge me the --profanity removed-- $50 restocking fee

--profanity and implied profanity removed. Please see the on posting appropriately.

Message was edited by: Mark (Forums Manager)

barbslv
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 85

What really gets to me about ATT is that they use to allow you to exchange for a different kind of phone after you had exchange thru warrenty 3 times......well i guess they have stopped that..or Motorola stopped it, cuz they plain out told me today that they would keep replacing it with the same kind until the warrenty runs out.......and thats a year before i am able for an upgrade on the phone.....The other phone i had problems with that the finally replaced was a blackberry.....and that was right after they came out.  Man you would think that they would fix this problem....I have a phone tech tell me today (NOT a motorola or ATT tech) that this phone has had this problem every since they came out and that it was something that was INSIDE the phone and could not be fixed........They took the best phone that they had off the market....the RAZR..........cuz you hardly every heard people having problems out of them.   Well let me get off my soapbox........Anyway you would think this problem would be solved as it is not a good one to have when you are out in heat at some emergency scene and you need to get up with 911 fast.........Dont rely on this phone for that!!!!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 49 of 85

With the touch screen thing, I was reading an article the other day, about how sometime with capacitive touch screens, dirt and lint gets down around the edge of the glass, and will cause the screen to act funny.

Might be worth a shot.  They suggested taking a small soft piece of plastic and running it around the edge of the screen.  With the phone off and battery removed.  Then lightly blow any lose dirt or lint out from around the edge, and clean the screen off.

Not sure if it will work, but I guess it can't hurt.

Thanks,

J

barbslv
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 85

with the phone that i have ......looks like the chrome piece that is around the touchscreen is lapping over the screen ever so slightly and that there would not be any dirt that could get down there.......Actually.....my opinion is that it has to do with the fact of the screen being overly sensitive and i have not been able to find a way to make the sensitivity of it any less.  i mean when you can put your phone up to your face and just the soft touch of the little hairs from your cheek can set it off to going crazy......now thats sensitive!!!!!  i did get an email from ATT that my refurbished phone is on its way.  That right there might be a problem in itself..........Refurbished........maybe they are just sending us the problems with those phones.  Cuz it did take about a week for my NEW phone to start acting crazy when i first got it. 

Sure would be nice if the powers that be....with Motorola..... would actually read these message boards........maybe then it would help them to make their company about better by making a phone that would actually be worth its weight in gold....But we all know that won't happen.

Barbara