Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 442
Message 51 of 85

Re: Flipside Touchscreen Issues....

Motorola Employees do see all these Forum post.  And MotoXprts, like myself will push Moto if we think that there is a major problem.  I have been with this thread since the beginning, and I have brought this to Moto's attention.  I'm just a volunteer here so I am not "granted" any information that Moto has.  You also have to remember that there are over 70K users here on the Forum, thats a lot of posts!  So, I'll see if I can get someone to come here and check this out, and comment.

Thanks,

J

barbslv
What's DOS?
Message 52 of 85

Thanks........cuz this does seem to be a problem with this phone.  I took it to a phone repair place yesterday and he told me that there was nothing he could do to fix it.  He said he could replace the screen but that that would not fix the problem.  He is thinking that the problem is the sensitivity and i kind of agree with him.  I mean, if you have a screen that will go crazy and your just hovering your finger of the screen and not even touching it......now that is sensitive.  I do like Motorola phones.....it seem to be the only ones in my area that will actually get a good signal.  Dont think that i am downing the company......its just that i am downing the way that things are turning out with this phone.  I guess ATT has something to do with that too....But when you keep having the same problem and they keep wanting to send you back the same phone and it keeps having the same problem..........Something has to give here!!!!  I get so fustrated with it that i actually want to throw the phone out the window..........Now thats bad lol...

Anyway thanks for your help.....and YES i did notice that you have been with this one thread from the beginning.  maybe the reason the thread stopped was maybe all those other people have thrown their phones out the window.....or gotten different ones.  It is funny though that it seems that ATT was the only carrier  that have this phone with this problem.....Makes you wonder dont it???

Thanks

Barbara

lizlusk2005
What's DOS?
Message 53 of 85

I have now called the warranty department with ATT for my 3rd Flipside.  The warranty is good for a certain length of time or for 90 days after you get the most recent phone, which ever is longer....so basically after a point, I am going to have to warranty a phone every 90 days for the next year of my life because there is no exception upgrade.....i have the task manager installed and the only apps i have is angry birds and facebook....and this is supposed to be a phone that can handle apps.  I went to just try to buy the Motorola Bravo and they have discontinued that phone already but this one, the flipside, has all these problems and they continue to sell it.  Ridiculous!

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 54 of 85

I see the frustration is running high in this thread. While we don't have any Motorola Feedback Network opportunities at the moment I encourage you to sign up.

Please be mindful of the when posting.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
vikluvin
What's DOS?
Message 55 of 85

I am now on my third flipside as well (I just received it last week). I have a hunch that the battery may be screwing up the phone/screen. I purchased a new battery (a Motorola made BT-60) and discarded the others (I had a generic bt-60 "look alike" and a BT-61 (original battery). While usually the battery shouldn't impact the phone, so far my third flipside has been functioning well (however only time will tell).

There is no doubt there is some kind of product flaw which is a shame because otherwise this would have been my favorite Android phone (i've owned 5+ different ones). I recommend purchasing a *motorola made* BT60 off of eBay and seeing what happens.

I love the all of the questions about the apps in this thread - come on motorola, this issue has nothing to do with apps.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 56 of 85

So, I have been with this thread from the beginning, and I'm hoping that this upgrade to Froyo will help some of you with your touch screen issues.

I have owned 2 different phones on 2.2, and I think you'll all be pretty happy with it.

Just wanted to check in and let you guys know that I'm still here.

Thanks,

J

barbslv
What's DOS?
Message 57 of 85

so i take it you dont have your flipside anymore??  guess it is a good thing.......still having problems with mine........not as bad.....but its only been a couple of weeks now and have not really been outside since i got it ........so will have to wait till i get back out..........but now would be the perfect time seeing as how it is so hot here LOL......anyway i am still watching the thread too.......but i just dont think that they are going to ever solve the problems........or say its something wrong with the phone......

Barbara

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 58 of 85

I do still have my FLIPSIDE and I still use it from time to time.

We'll have to hang in there and see.

Thanks,

J

Sent from my Motorola XPRT

barbslv
What's DOS?
Message 59 of 85

well i finally got out into the heat today.......and actually got to sweating........so i am going to say .........mine is freezing up because of the sweat.  I have never seen a phone that is so sensitive to sweat as this one is.  i had stopped to talk to someone without the car running and got to sweating........well i got on my phone when i left there and was talking to someone.  Well when i went to hang up on the person......i could not hang up cuz it had frozen.  This is not a good things.  i WILL be calling Motorola tomorrow and talking to them about it, cuz i am tired of messing with ATT.  They need to give us some kind of compensation.  I have always loved Motorola phones, and where i am living they give about the best signal.  I would love to stay with Motorola, but they need to do something if i am to stay with them.

Barbara

balbrecht
What's DOS?
Message 60 of 85

Hi everyone,

We bought 2 Flipsides for our children back in mid-December and are having this very issue: the touch screen "spazzes out" intermittently and the phone becomes unusable. I have read throught the entries here and will try some of the tips (checking the edges, app-killer, etc.,) in the next couple of days.

My own observations lead me to believe that this is a heat/humidity issue.We live in the tropics and the phone does seem to act up more when the humidity is higher or when your hands are warm and sweaty. Unfortunately for us, this is how our climate is regularly so a phone that can't function in humid situations is unacceptable. (BTW, before anyone complains that "no capacitave touch screen will function properly in high humidity" I note that we have quite a few other touch devices that work just fine in the same environmental conditions, so please don't bother.)

My daughter is on her 2nd Flipside now, and is having the exact same problem. My son has the same problem. FYI, their phones came from 2 completely different sources so it is less this is related to a particular batch. They are also claiming to have a friend that has the same phone with similar touchscreen issues.

I will try to rule out software-related possibilities in the near future and report back my results. I do appreciate the time and assistance the experts are putting in to finding a solution. I like the flipside in general so I'm hoping we don't have to force them to switch to a different model.

Bruce