Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 456
Message 61 of 85

Re: Flipside Touchscreen Issues....

Welcome to the Forum!

As you can see from this post:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/54048

The flipside will be getting Froyo sometime in the near future.  This may also help with your touch screen issue.  Please be patient and we will see how it all works out.

Thanks,

J

balbrecht
What's DOS?
Message 62 of 85

Thanks J. I'll post any possible solutions I find to this issue.

barbslv
What's DOS?
Message 63 of 85

J, i really dont think that that update is going to help.  i, like bal, think that the problem has to do with the sensitivity of the phone itself.  i got so upset with motorola and ATT for not being able to help me out that i went and used my hubbys upgrade and go another phone.........i went back to a basic phone that i can rely on in an emergency.  Until they get this problems fixed.......i will be using it.......and NO......this new phone is not a motorola......they dont have basic phones on the market around here that i could get.

Barbara

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 64 of 85

Sensitivity issues can be fixed through a software update, the only thing

you can do is try and see if it helps.

2011/7/23 barbslv <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com>

Motorola Owners' Forum<https://supportforums.motorola.com/index.jspa> Re: Flipside Touchscreen Issues.... created by Barbara

Hamby <https://supportforums.motorola.com/people/barbslv> in *FLIPSIDE™

with MOTOBLUR™ (U.S.)* - View the full discussion<https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/431623#431623

barbslv
What's DOS?
Message 65 of 85

That is true..........but i would like to know it works before i do it.......that it will fix the problem that so many of us seem to be having due to humidity and heat

Barbara

ahernandez1
What's DOS?
Message 66 of 85

hello, i want to know if you think that by the month of august we can get the update to froyo for our filpsides?

jdubree1
What's DOS?
Message 67 of 85

I have had the same exact problem with my flipside as well. Originally I had a backflip and had the same problem with it each of the three times I had to order a new phone thru the warranty. At the point when I had my third tech call(within 1 year), I was sent a different phone which is how I ended up with a Flipside! So I'm not clear as to why AT&T told you that they could not do that for you. That is absolutely NOT true! When I spoke to AT&T that third time I did have to demand to speak to a manager in order to get them to send me another type phone but they CAN do that and DID for me! Basically I was not willing to take no for an answer and eventually agreed on a resolution I could live with, which was to change phone types all together. Perhaps you could try and speak to someone higher up than just the technician that you first speak to when calling tech support.

Also, you had posted something about thinking that the heat had something to do with the touch screen problem. I live in an area that is not warm all year around and I got the Flipside during a time in the year that it was not hot at all but still experienced the same problem. I had already tried all the ideas people had in this thread before I even read it and none of them resolved my issue. I do know for sure that the problem has nothing at all to do with downloaded apps either. I know this because the first flipside they sent me to replace my Backflip had this problem the first time I turned it on right out of the box!

I cannot find any pattern in the problem at all. Funny enough, I just called tech support in the warranty department today reporting this problem and I was told that this is NOT, in fact, a "known" problem. After having read a number of threads throughout the internet about this very problem I have a hard time believing that the support person was being entirely honest with me and then also in the same conversation boasted to me about how their department is so much more educated about the android phones than the first tech support people you talk to!

I really love the Motorola phones but they seemed to have really dropped the ball on this model!

autosurgeon
SCSI Port
Message 68 of 85

Most of the touchscreen issues are not really a problem with the touchscreen but rather a process that is using the processor heavily or that the ram is full. This causes lag and other issues. Take a look at you processes and see if you have a leaky app that is hogging the processor.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 69 of 85

Just checking in and wondering if any of you have had a chance to upgrade to 2.2 yet!?

Just wanted to see if the upgrade fixed this touchscreen issue?

Upgrade here:https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/utils/guided_assistant/g_id/1004

Thanks,

J

angusgreer
What's DOS?
Message 70 of 85

I loaded 2.2 about 8 days ago. No problems with it. My main problems seems to be the "back" button. Sometimes it takes several taps or a firmer tap to respond. Could be caused by my screen protector but I don't want to pull it off the test. Every once in a while their is a lag with some of the touch screen buttons seems to be slow to respond, I assume from the CPU being overloaded at the time.

This is a new phone (only about 2 weeks old) . I have 40Megs free on the internal memory. Only programs loaded are Google Translate, Navigator, Dolphin HD, AVG antivirus, pda.net, Echolink (for ham radio users) and facebook app