Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmixon1967
What's DOS?
Views: 313
Message 71 of 85

Re: Flipside Touchscreen Issues....

I am so glad to see that it is not just me as my better half keeps telling me. I have had my flipside for about 8 mo. now and I am beginning to HATE it. It locks itself and the screen just goes whippy on me. Today touchscreen wouldn't let me answer a call. 2 weeks ago ATT had me factory reboot my phone...that was a freaking mad house...Motoblur wouldn't let me sign in from my phone, so att hooked me up with MOTO...well they wanted me to send my phone in and go without it until they could fix it. WHAT?! Then couldn't help me...so I asked to be sent back to ATT...they couldn't do that either, so I had to call ATT myself again. Finally, after taking the battery out, it worked...however...MY SCREEN IS STILL CAUSING ISSUES. Last night it called my mother while I was on the phone with her. She said, why are you calling my phone..you know I am not going to answer, so I look at my phone...sure enough...it called her twice...WT Hey ..... If I could afford a new phone I would get a new one and throw this one in the pond to my fish. Or give it to one of the dogs to chew on as a play toy. Heat? Really...I am supposed to believe that I need to be in a freezer to get my phone to work properly? Sorry...I am venting...Why can't someone fix this problem without me losing my phone for gosh knows how long. It is still under warranty...but NO.....they don't want to send me one while they fix it, but want me to pay the bill....like that is going to happen...i paid for a phone that has not abused and should have worked right from the beginning...But nope....Screen issues started right after I got the phone....guess I am stuck with it.

balbrecht
What's DOS?
Message 72 of 85

@mullins_j,

Yes, I loaded 2.2 after I got your message. No, it did *not* resolve the issue. So, back to AT&T Wireless customer service to fight for new phones for my kids. IMHO, the Flipside truly deserves its internet "pet name": the Motorola ----Profanity Removed----. I have owned many Motorola phones over the years, and currently own (and love) my Atrix 4G--think the Flipside was just a bad apple in an otherwise bountiful orchard.

--Profanity removed. Please see the on posting appropriately.

Message was edited by: mullins_j

sedunn2004
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 85

I too am having the touch screen issue. Radomnly pushing buttons on the screen, creating shortcuts and widgets, typing a text is next to impossible , type a few letters and it opens another text or deletes what was just typed. This is my third replacement from att. My first Flipside replaced my backflip, the flipside started doing this within the first 2 weeks, got that replaced at att device support center. The replacement worked fine for about week, then started doing it too. Got that replaced and that one started doing it 2 hours after leaving att. They were all eventually upgraded to 2.2 but that did not solve the problem. Sim card was replaced 3 times. I have no apps downloaded and no screen protector. Please help because at this point I don't know what to do. My friend has the same phone and his is doing the same thing.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 74 of 85

Do you have an sd card installed? When i get home tonight, ill post some

instruction on how to wipe the data partition. And we'll see if that helps

at all.

Thanks,

J

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4g

sedunn2004
What's DOS?
Message 75 of 85

If it helps any, I thought SDcard too, so I removed it from my second phone when I took it in to get my third replacement. The third one with no SDcard in it started doing it 2 hours after leaving att. I only got this phone back in July.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 76 of 85

Ok, so we can rule out the sd card. Like i said, ill post instructions when

i get home tonight on how to do a data partition wipe. And we will see if

that helps any.

Thanks,

J

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4g

balbrecht
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 85

My suggestion to you is that you petition ATT for a different model phone. It is becoming clear this is not an isolated problem and it is going to take mass rejection from unhappy users for Motorola to officially acknowledge the defect. Until that point your only source of relief is ATT.

sedunn2004
What's DOS?
Message 78 of 85

Well thats a problem, because att replaced my backflip with the flipside. My backflip had a bunch of other issues not to mention wouldnt connect to my microcell properly. So when I called she said they are replacing defective backflips with either the flipout or the flipside, my choice. Well i chose the flipside and now since july am on my third replacement. They started off replacing the SIM of course that didnt solve the problem, next was the  battery, still didnt solve anything, and i cant begin to tell you how many times they have me do a factory reset.None of which helps cuz in no time at all its back to doing it again. Now there are times when it seems fine then other times it back to doing it again. At this point im out of answers. Its a shame too, because i use to recommend motorola products to everyone. My first motorola was a pager, and through the years i owned quite a number of motorola phones including their first flip phone. I am to the point of thinking att and motorola dont care. Maybe its time to start moving up the food chain until there are results. 

balbrecht
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 85

I feel for you, sedunn. At least ATT is still working with you to correct the problem. Ultimately, though, I think the reality is that you are going to end up with a different model handset at some point. And I'm not just Motorola-bashing here--I have an Atrix which I love. It just seems like there is--at the least--a production run of the Flipsides that have this touchscreen flaw.

I don't know how much energy (read: Engineer $$) Motorola is going to put into correcting the issue since the phone is now an "older model." The only way they are going to do that IMHO is if: a) a good samaritan like mulins_j expends a lot of time and energy isolating the problem down to the exact defect, or b) the carrier (ATT) gets tired of replacing handsets at their cost to retain customers and demands action.

Whichever way it works out, I wish you luck. I'm afraid you likely have a long fight ahead of you.

sedunn2004
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 85

Thank you balbrecht, I too was considering getting the motorola atrix, but at this point i feel after my experiences with the backflip and flipside it would be a risk spending the money on something that may end up not working either. It may not be that bad of a fight as I have contact info such as emails and phone numbers for the CEO and SVP along with other executive team members. I find going to them typically yeilds results. One thing a company never wants is bad media and in cases like this the media outlets can be yourf friend. Especially since Motorola Mobility is being acquired by Google. Investors do not like to hear a company the have large amounts of money invested in is making consumers unhappy with sub par products. Its cases like this the media outlets can be your best friend.