Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firemedicmcse
What's DOS?
Views: 460
Message 1 of 6

Incompatible Apps in Market

Anyone know how to make my Flipside install apps that the market says is incompatible but really are? My bank just put out an app and the market says it is incompatible. I also have an Alabama EMS app that the market says is incompatible, but I got the developer to send me the .apk and it installed and worked like a champ!

Please help!!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 6

Re: Incompatible Apps in Market

firemedicmcse wrote:

Anyone know how to make my Flipside install apps that the market says is incompatible but really are? My bank just put out an app and the market says it is incompatible. I also have an Alabama EMS app that the market says is incompatible, but I got the developer to send me the .apk and it installed and worked like a champ!

Please help!!!

Strange. Are you on your PC/Mac when seeing that the Market says these apps are "incompatible"?

Have you tried it from your phone?

Also might be worth your wild to go to settings -> applications -> manage application, scroll to the Market app, select it, and clear and cache and data that is shown. Reboot the phone, then try it again.

Thanks,

J

firemedicmcse
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

This is on a PC. Tried everything you suggested with no luck. When I go to the market on the phone it wont even find the apps that I am trying to load. Any other suggestions?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 6

firemedicmcse wrote:

This is on a PC. Tried everything you suggested with no luck. When I go to the market on the phone it wont even find the apps that I am trying to load. Any other suggestions?

Contact the apps developer and see if there is truly a incompatibility issue with the app and your device.  If the developer does not see any incompatibility issues, they might be nice enough to send you the .apk file for you to install without having to go through the market.

Thanks,

J

firemedicmcse
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Well, of the two apps I was having problems with, I got the developer to send me the apk on one of them, and used my tablet to download the other one and then backed it up using Astro.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 6

So, you did get them installed? 

I'm hoping that there are no problems with them?

Thanks,

J