cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjmcclos
What's DOS?
Views: 321
Message 1 of 3

Info on the stupid "out of space" issues that many of us experience...

Just want to finally put this into a separate thread now - I have no more "Out of space" or "Out of Memory" errors (whichever I was experiencing - look for my prior postings to check if you are unsure).

While I hate the fact that this phone will not be getting Android 2.2, at least this problem is somewhat solveable.  We will never be able to store/run many additional programs it seems (and I will probably never buy another Motorola based on this lack of service), but at least this problem that has plagued many of us has a decent possible fix.

(Warning - this fix might remove data from your phone...I did it early in my ownership, so wasn't going to lose much.  If you are worried about it, please back up the "user" info on the phone prior to trying the instructions at the following website!)

http://backflip.rdtk.net/index.php/TipsTricks/FactoryReset

Good Luck, All...

Mac.

moira1
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 3

Re: Info on the stupid "out of space" issues that many of us experience...

Hi MAC,

Yes you can upgrade the os android 2.2.  I did the upgrade it is on this website somewhere.  it didnt do me much good because the apps that i wanted to move to the sd card did not have that option.  so i upgraded the os but i was not able to free up any internal memory.

I was poed about this after i bought it.  and i kinda just accepted this stupid phone.  i even toyed with hacking the phone for a little while but i didnt do it.  well lately i got mad again.  i called att and they said motorola put all the bloatware on it.  so they gave me motorola's no. to call.  i told them i am out of memory all the time.  i wanted all the bloatware removed except for the few apps i use.  get this.  they said OK.  sent me a return number and a fedex shipping label.

so when i get it back i will give a full report.

moira1
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Info on the stupid "out of space" issues that many of us experience...

this is the number they gave me:

800 734 5870