Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmyjensen
What's DOS?
Views: 245
Message 1 of 5

Phone loads texts/contacts slowly

My 3-month-old Flipside loads text messages and my contacts very slowly, to the point where it can take in excess of five minutes to create and send a text. I know the problem isn't too many texts in my inbox, since I delete them frequently & usually only have one or two brief conversations in them. When I start typing a contact's name in the sender box, my phone doesn't automatically search my contacts for autocomplete (or does so very slowly), even if I hit the OK button, which has occasionally sped up the process. Therefore, I have to go through my contacts manually & send the message from there. But this is still a problem, since my phone loads my contacts slowly, also. I do have a lot of contacts, probably around 800, because my phone is synced to my Facebook & Twitter accounts. However, I can't un-sync them because then I can't have Facebook or Twitter on my phone--there's no way to have site access without syncing my address book. This is getting to be very frustrating & super inconvenient. HELP!

autosurgeon
SCSI Port
Message 2 of 5

Re: Phone loads texts/contacts slowly

Have you upgraded to Froyo yet? If not that seemed to cure the same problem on my Flipside.

emmyjensen
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

no...how do i do that?

autosurgeon
SCSI Port
Message 4 of 5

alexalkmim
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

Did you can?

I was having the same problem... I am still having, actually...

First I tryied to delete my facebook and twitter account, because it's like... 80% of my phone memory is occuped by, and its probably that this is getting phone our low. oo'

And, so... for my surprise, it didn't work. .-., But.... I was trying to unsync in the wrong place (Menu > Accounts - choose account to kill), I gues we have to go to settings, accounts, choose an account to edit. As I deleted my account before it, I'm trying to replace it, so I'll try it all too.

Anyway... good luck there, man. o/

Hope I helped you. : )