Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 303
Message 21 of 48

Re: Transfering apps to SD memory

_travis wrote:

I didn't know about that, but I'll give it a try the next time I get the error, thanks.

You can clear the cache even without that error.....

Goto setting -> Application -> Manage application.  Hit the menu button, (above the home button) select filters, and "all", then go right down the line and clear the cache out.  Big ones will be the market, and the browser, if you use them alot.  That will help out a few things with the Flipside.

Thanks,

J

_travis
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 48

Well after trying the new Firefox app, I ran out of space again. I checked under the Manage Application settings and all of the applications that I tried had 0.00B in their cache. I uninstalled a few apps I rarely used and I still have the disk full notification. Is there anything else I can try? I only have 10MB of Contacts.

Edit: screenshot:

CAP2011021018161.png

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 23 of 48

_travis wrote:

Well after trying the new Firefox app, I ran out of space again. I checked under the Manage Application settings and all of the applications that I tried had 0.00B in their cache. I uninstalled a few apps I rarely used and I still have the disk full notification. Is there anything else I can try? I only have 10MB of Contacts.

Edit: screenshot:

CAP2011021018161.png

Whats apps do you have that are listed as high in memoery usage?  I have never seen that before.

Thanks,

J

_travis
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 48

I uninstalled Firefox since it was taking up 24MB. Here's a screenshot of the rest of the largest apps that I have installed:

CAP2011021021361.png

When I filter by All, Contacts is also up there with 10.58MB.

marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 25 of 48

Quick App Clean Cache is an app that will help you manage the cache on the phone.

Try to limit the number os text messages that you save on the phone as these use internal memory also. Open the text app and got to:

Menu->Messaging settings->Message limit

Some apps can be set to clear their cache when you leave them, check the settings on the apps you use often.

If you could install from unknown sources you could have apps that you need once in a while on your SD card and install them as needed, but AT&T has chosen to protect your from this risk convenience.

I see Titanium Backup in the list. Try 'freezing' some system/AT&T apps that you don't use. Google for more info or visit the TB homepage.

----
I am a volunteer.  I own a Backflip and a Flipside. If my advice doesn't make any sense - ignore it! The MotoXprt tag means I spend too much time here. The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. Here's more

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
_travis
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 48

I'll have to give that app a try, I only checked the first 10 or so apps for cache, and they were all already at 0.00B.

My message limit is set to 200, but I only have about 25 messages total on the phone, I haven't even had it for a month yet.

I'll try freezing some of the AT&T apps too, thanks for the suggestions!

_travis
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 48

We're sorry.       Your order currency is not supported by the selected payment

I get this error from the market when trying to buy that app no matter which CC I use :-/

marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 28 of 48

_travis wrote:

We're sorry.       Your order currency is not supported by the selected payment

I get this error from the market when trying to buy that app no matter which CC I use :-/

Try going to android.com, select the market and sign in. See if you can push the app to your phone from there. The new market site allows you to trigger installs from the web.

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
jjmcclos
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 48

FYI, I've been complaining a bit on the same problems over in ATT support - I have around 50mb of apps installed on a "Flipside", and I have to reboot it every morning due to low storage/memory errors.  And I have 1.85gb free on a card, so this really sucks...

Would love to know if anyone else keeps having these problems, and if there is further info about a 2.2 upgrade before I have to root the phone.

Mac.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 30 of 48

jjmcclos wrote:

FYI, I've been complaining a bit on the same problems over in ATT support - I have around 50mb of apps installed on a "Flipside", and I have to reboot it every morning due to low storage/memory errors.  And I have 1.85gb free on a card, so this really sucks...

Would love to know if anyone else keeps having these problems, and if there is further info about a 2.2 upgrade before I have to root the phone.

Mac.

I guess you really just have to limit your apps to what you really need, and use.  Thats what I did.  About the flipside being upgraded, you will find this info on this page:  https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

The Flipside is not listed, so I'm guessing that it is still up in the air.

Thanks,

J