Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marvin02
Bit Torrent
Views: 299
Message 41 of 48

Re: Transfering apps to SD memory

bgood2,

Actually in most reviews of AT&T phones I have read the bloatware issue is mentioned. Most reviews are based on a few minutes to a few hours (at best) of use. Look for follow up reviews.

You are better served to dig a little deeper than superficial reviews. Reading this and other owner forums will illuminate issues with a phone.

Early adopters always take a risk, whether it is with Moto or another company.

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
autosurgeon
SCSI Port
Message 42 of 48

Update to Froyo as it is now avaliable.

Link

autosurgeon
SCSI Port
Message 43 of 48

No need to look for other reviews the ATT bloatware is a problem.

jdt
What's DOS?
Message 44 of 48

I just upgraded my flipside with 2.2.  It has the motoblur.   I have not downloaded any apps yet.  The flashplayer I guess came with 2.2 in the internal memory.  I have the browser, text, and gmail shortcut on the home page and a google search, gps toggle and wi-fi toggle widget (off) on another page.  I have the blur and the att accounts loaded but no background syncing.

I have 60.31 mb available internal memory left.  Does this sound right to you?  And if it is low, can you help me find out what is sucking up all my internal memory?

according to task manager, no apps are running.  under running services, only multi-touch keyboard is running. thanks for any help on this.

The upgrade required a reset so all cache's are empty, no text messages, bookmarks, browser history etc.

what do you think?

autosurgeon
SCSI Port
Message 45 of 48

That is about right with the ATT bloatware in place.

jdt
What's DOS?
Message 46 of 48

It is my understanding that the phone has 150mb internal memory, is that correct?

Why would they load it down like that causing the phone to be unuseful...

Is there anyway to get rid of all those programs that I dont use or will use?

thanks in advance.

jd

texasfarmboy
What's DOS?
Message 47 of 48

jdt wrote:

It is my understanding that the phone has 150mb internal memory, is that correct?

Why would they load it down like that causing the phone to be unuseful...

Is there anyway to get rid of all those programs that I dont use or will use?

thanks in advance.

jd

Why at&t does stuff that they know will aggravate their users is a topic that could fill its own forum, jdt.  All I can offer you is that you are not alone in your frustration.

As for getting rid of all of the crapware, there is a way; but it is against the rules of this forum to discuss it here -- and I respect that.  A quick Google search will give you plenty of info on that though.  Personally, I'm going to wait for my warranty to run out before trying it...  at least that's the way I feel right now.... 

jmcarroll79
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 48

Sorry to say, but I have 2.2.2 and I still can not transfer apps to my SD card.  I have a 16 GB card that I basically have no use for and only 5 apps downloaded to my phone.  I have a whopping 7.28 MB left on internal phone storage.  If it wasnt for all the crap apps that came on the phone that i cant delete i would have more.