Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squ1rr3l
What's DOS?
Views: 311
Message 1 of 3

Unable to reset

So my phone started acting badly, constantly apps crashing and needed to be forced closed.  After several reboots I finally got to the settings and realized the phone was completely out of space (0.00 MB free).  I found no cache in any applications, and started to delete data as much as I could, uninstalled Dolphin, etc., and after several reboots it still had no free space.

So ... factory reset ... and disaster.

The phone came back, but would only display the setup wizard, click done, re-display the setup wizard (perpetual loop).  Eventually I did the hardware reset method, but got the same result.  So I tried re-installing the latest update ROM.  That really should have worked.  But it started installing it and fails with (Status 2) - whatever that means.

I've managed to get around the perpetual-loop wizard, but I think it has no home application.  I get a bar at the top that I can flick down, but no screen, no menu, no way to actually work the phone.  I think if I could get something reinstalled on it it might work, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

Any ideas from the folks here? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to reset

Did you try resetting from the Android recovery menu?

Thanks,

J

kenny_strawn_17
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to reset

Remy said:

Did you try resetting from the Android recovery menu?

Thanks,

J

View original

For me at least, using Recovery Mode on the device makes no difference -- still getting that Status 2 error code.