Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmyjensen
What's DOS?
Views: 286
Message 1 of 5

menu won't load

my brand-new flipside occasionally won't load the menu. i press the button to load it and the screen just goes black with only the white notifications bar at the top, as though it is going to load but never does. if i press the sleep button and leave it alone for awhile the problem usually goes away, but this can get to be quite a problem, as i can't set alarms or use my gps, etc. any suggestions?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5

Re: menu won't load

emmyjensen wrote:

my brand-new flipside occasionally won't load the menu. i press the button to load it and the screen just goes black with only the white notifications bar at the top, as though it is going to load but never does. if i press the sleep button and leave it alone for awhile the problem usually goes away, but this can get to be quite a problem, as i can't set alarms or use my gps, etc. any suggestions?

When you say menu, are you talking about the App tray?

Also, have you upgraded to 2.2?

Thanks,

J

emmyjensen
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

yes, apparently the correct name for it is the "application launcher." it's what pops up when you press the black button with a white circle at the bottom of the screen. and i checked for updates on the phone and it says i'm up to date.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 5

emmyjensen wrote:

yes, apparently the correct name for it is the "application launcher." it's what pops up when you press the black button with a white circle at the bottom of the screen. and i checked for updates on the phone and it says i'm up to date.

I know on Android 2.3+ has a option to only show certain app groups. I'm not sure if 2.2 has this same option. Worst case you can do a factory reset, and that should fix it.

I have a flipside at home, I should have grabbed it. If you do not want to do the factory reset, I can check my flipside and see what I can figure out.

But it may just be the best way out, a factory reset.

Thanks,

J

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 5

Are you still having this problem?

Thanks,

J