Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 411
Message 11 of 21

Re: problems with my 3g connection

Have you tried contacting the carrier in which SIM card you are using to see

if there is a difference between the APN's on BB and android?

Thanks,

J

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G

ahernandez1
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 21

there is no diference betwen the cellphones, just this the motorola flipside dont want to work with the 3g band.

picasssaa
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 21

eaccents wrote:

picasssaa wrote:

I have the same problems with phone, but I'm from Belarus. Tweakker don't helped. APN settings is correct, but on tab "select network" is "automatic" and i can't choose nothing. Please, help.

I was advised of the following:

1. If the network only supports 2G, the user will not be able to see or select the 3G band from the list of networks.  It will be locked to 2G.
  2. If the user is in an area that is not covered by 3G, the user will not be able to see or select the 3G band from the list of networks.

network supports 3G and I'm in this area for coverage by 3G.

What about the secret codes to unlock the secret programming menu it can help? and who knows this code fo motorola flipside?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 14 of 21

@picasssaa

We are not allowed to discuss modification to the phones in these forums, or accessing "special" menus.  That topic is covered elsewhere on the internet.

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
picasssaa
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 21

SorrySmiley Sad

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 16 of 21

No problem.  Just try to refrain from those topics

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."
ahernandez1
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 21

well i dissagre with that part, this forum is from motorola and i think if something can help us to solve our problems must be permitted because what i can think if you have a solution and then you cant share it becuase is prohibited in the forum, we are no trying to hack the phone just to solve a problem.

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 18 of 21

There is nothing we can do to "solve your problem" with any development codes, unless you had already used those codes to break it. If this is the case, you're on your own and since we do not give them out, you would have to refer to the place in which it was initially discovered.

As for your 3G issue, have you checked to make sure the "2G only" option hasn't been checked in network settings?

picasssaa
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 21

in option "Select network" stay "automatic" and i can't choose anything, non 2G, non 3G.

I will try to contact with my network operator, and with other's operators in my country and ask him, in what frequency they use UMTS...Then  accomplish your goal here

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 20 of 21

Please keep us posted.

Thanks.

--eaccents