Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsFedora
All Forum Topics
Options

860 Posts

07-22-2019

Canada

532 Signins

6451 Page Views

• Views: 6451
  • Message 1 of 3

P1 Gen 3 with Fedora available online (US & Canada)

2021-03-01, 17:51 PM

Hi Fedorans,

Just a note that the P1 Gen3 is up with Fedora on the US and Canadian site:

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/ThinkPad-P1-Gen-3/p/20THCTO1WWENUS1/customize?

I'm working on getting other geo's enabled. The issues that blocked us previously *should* be resolved now so I'm hoping the teams there can get our Linux platforms up. I will update when I have news there.

P15 Fedora edition is delayed due to issues with the Nouveau driver and the RTX4000 but I'm hoping I'll have that available soon too (without the RTX4000 unfortunately)

Mark

Options

15 Posts

08-10-2020

Netherlands

14 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:P1 Gen 3 with Fedora available online (US & Canada)

2021-03-03, 17:32 PM

Oohh... That's almost good news. But I'm really happy that there is progress on this part! Keep pushing that other geo-locations, while I keep guessing what that issue was... (wifi-certification?)

Regards,

Joost.

Options

860 Posts

07-22-2019

Canada

532 Signins

6451 Page Views

• Views: 6451
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:P1 Gen 3 with Fedora available online (US & Canada)

2021-03-03, 18:41 PM

For the other geo's - honestly, nothing that complicated. We just had lots of rules in place previously to prevent special bid Linux systems going online accidentally and it took a really long time to unwind them because we'd try and put a system up, hit a problem, have to figure out how to get the fixed and then had to rinse and repeat.

All internal nonsense (that I've pulled out a lot of hair on) but it is what it is. A lot of it has been me learning how things work and the right process (there's always a process..). I can't say I *completely* understand it all, but I have a much better idea than I did at the middle of last year.

I'll be much happier once the first system goes up somewhere outside the US & Canada

Mark

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms