Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Linux Operating SystemsFedora
All Forum Topics
Options

66 Posts

08-25-2017

Norway

68 Signins

589 Page Views

• Views: 589
  • Message 1 of 1

Will we see more config options without Nvidia GPU's?

2020-06-03, 12:08 PM

I'm super excited about the Fedora/Lenovo partnership but I'm very curious about whether it will result in more options for those of us who want to avoid Nvidia GPU's and/or dedicated GPU's all together.

I've been wanting to buy an X1E or P1 G2 for a while now but here in Norway it's impossible to get it without the Nvidia GPU and in the US you can only opt out of the Nvidia GPU if you go for the slowest CPU.

Will we see more configuration alternatives without a dGPU on the Fedora supported models going forward? Or are hardware considerations for an improved Linux experience out of scope for the project and not something we should expect?

I'd love a P1/X1E without a dGPU as I want Wayland and secure boot support and not having to deal with the hybrid graphics solutions. Intel Iris Plus graphics would be appreciated but I'll be happy with the default Intel iGPU's too. Just let me get it with a i7 :) The external display outputs are hardwired on the X1E and P1 which is a real pain for Linux users who want to avoid dealing with Nvidia drivers.

EDIT: I just discovered that it's actually possible to configure the P1 with a i7-9850H without a dGPU. Here in Norway it's not a configuration that's possible, but hopefully some day it might be.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms