Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrijolesNow
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,036
Message 1 of 3

Bootable Generator Instructions are Wrong

Lenovo recently posted a new version of its Lenovo Windows Diagnostics Bootable USB Generator; however, unlike previous versions, the new version is an installer. It installs an app in the PC which can't be found after installation. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds028698 So the instructions to use the command prompt don't work. The system can't find bootable-generator-10.exe. The zip file downloaded from Lenovo is lenovobootablegenerator.zip which contains lenovobootablegenerator.exe, which is a Windows installer, not bootable-generator-10.exe as the instructions say. In addition, the instructions for this utility on the website and in the readme are not the same. Neither one will work because of the above issue. Please somebody explain how to create a bootable USB diagnostic drive now that the generator has changed.
KGood
Paper Tape
Views: 940
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bootable Generator Instructions are Wrong

Hello,

I was having this same Issue but was able to figure it out. Lenvov seems to need to update their documentation.

1. Extract the LenovoBootableGenerator to where ever you would like

2. Run the LenovoBootableGenerator.exe file on your system as an administrator and complete the install

3. After install has completed navigate to  C:\Program Files\Lenovo and you will see a folder for "Lenovo Bootable Generator"

4. Go into the folder and select the "BootableGenerator.exe" file

That will open up the bootable generator program that is self explanitory to use. I hope this is able to help you! I spent 2 hours trying to figure out what was happening. Hopefully Lenovo will update its documentation soon.

Regards,

Kyle

FrijolesNow
Fanfold Paper
Views: 904
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bootable Generator Instructions are Wrong

You are correct Kyle and thank you so much for your solution! Lenovo please update your documentation.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals