Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rboerner
Punch Card
Views: 2,564
Message 1 of 21

Broken download link for P50 Thunderbolt 3 NVM firmware Update

I was attempting to download the latest Thunderbolt 3 NVM firmware update for the ThinkPad P50 as a result of  following the guide here -> https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/SF16-T0051   

However, when attempting to download the firmware update itself via the link provided within the text -> http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-P-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-P50...

It results in a page not found error. I could have sworn this update was there a short time ago and I can see from other forum posts that it worked in the past. Is this just a glitch or is there a newer TB3 NVM update available?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,499
Message 2 of 21

Re: Broken download link for P50 Thunderbolt 3 NVM firmware Update

Hello and welcome,

Both links error out for me.  Moved post to support site feedback for visibility.

regards,

Z./

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,434
Message 3 of 21

Also Hello and Welcome,

thanks for pointing this out, I've notified the relevant team and requested they look into and fix the situation.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

rboerner
Punch Card
Views: 2,359
Message 4 of 21

Hi Andy,

Thanks for routing the information to the correct department! While I know it may be difficult, is it possible to provide a rough estimate for when the download may be made available again?

Thanks for your help!

Bob

rboerner
Punch Card
Views: 2,240
Message 5 of 21

Sorry for the bother, but any updates on when the download will be made available again? 

rboerner
Punch Card
Views: 2,099
Message 6 of 21

Any update on this one? I tweeted LenovoUS and the relevant Lenovo links were updated to indicate that a new update would be available in the future (https://twitter.com/rboerner/status/834072752319442944) but as of today the latest Thunderbolt 3 NVM firmware is still not available on the P50 support downloads page nor within the troubleshooting document I referenced in my original post. 

rboerner
Punch Card
Views: 2,043
Message 7 of 21

Bump...any updates on this one? Still kind of stuck here...

rboerner
Punch Card
Views: 1,963
Message 8 of 21

Bumping again for visibility...

rboerner
Punch Card
Views: 1,925
Message 9 of 21

Bumping again for visibility...