Message 61 of 81

Re: Cannot log on during recovery disk creation

Thank you i submitted a case thank you hopefully i wont be waiting too long
kroto86
What's DOS?
Views: 789
Message 62 of 81

I have the same problem, and it appears this service has now been down for over a year, Wow. If this is true, what garbage support.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 758
Message 63 of 81

@kroto86 wrote:

I have the same problem, and it appears this service has now been down for over a year, Wow. If this is true, what garbage support.

It's working now.  Give it another try.

It hasn't been down for "over a year" but it is down from time to time. Perhaps when preload images are being updated, don't know.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

bradMil
Paper Tape
Views: 752
Message 64 of 81

I have given up on trying to download and make recover media login will work and not work downloads sometimes never finish about 80% of the time 

I call Lenovo and order the recover media no and it take about 8-9 days to get it we we sell about 50-10 computers per month its a waest of time but it works

GMANNNCIS
What's DOS?
Views: 665
Message 65 of 81

Now I have this issue. I wish Lenovo would fix this I do not have time to wait around for my images!

bradMil
Paper Tape
Views: 659
Message 66 of 81

get to the back of the bus bddy this will never be fixed 

econca74
What's DOS?
Views: 482
Message 67 of 81

I get my laptop Y520 dead, i need the USB Recovery Files to start again, but when i put my credential in the lenovo USB Recovery Creator just show a message with error of Communication. Please, is there another place to download the files?

Thanks

simplepinoi177
Serial Port
Views: 208
Message 68 of 81

I'm unsure whether this issue has been established as never resolved, or that the service has permanently been "down", but I am attempting to recover my T580 laptop using this method and am running into this same issue. It looks like this service may permanently be unavailable from the looks of the last couple of posts on the thread here, but I wanted to input that it is (still) happening (again)... Thank you.

RogerPAlexander
What's DOS?
Views: 170
Message 69 of 81

same problem.  I had to reformat the hard drive and lost the recovery partition. Windows reinstalled, but the wifi adapter and trackpad are not recognized.

It seems I need to request a physical recovery USB. Silly.  Snail mail in 2019..

Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 150
Message 70 of 81

Hello,

Because any investigation into why a recovery download may not have worked will require knowing the system serial number, which should not under any circumstances be posted in Community, you should please seek assistance through the "Contact Lenovo" link on the Recovery Media page under Helpfull Information, When will I receive my Recovery Media. This will be directed to the appropriate team.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/lenovorecovery

Edit: added link

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors