cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluedog5
Punch Card
Views: 632
Message 1 of 4

How do I change my login ID? Want to login with my username, not an email address.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 585
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I change my login ID? Want to login with my username, not an email address.

Hello,

Unfortunately due to how the login works that is not possible; your Lenovo ID passes a token to the Community which is associated with your user name. If you would like Community notifications sent to a different email address, should you have used the same email for Lenovo ID and Community account, you can change the email address in your Community settings; this will not affect your ability to login to Community.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

bluedog5
Punch Card
Views: 579
Message 3 of 4

Re: How do I change my login ID? Want to login with my username, not an email address.

When I signed up for the forums, I used my ATT.net email address. I dropped AT&T as my provider and the address doesn't work anymore. So I changed my email address to a working Gmail account in order to continue receiving messages from Lenovo. But I still have to log in with a non-working AT&T email address as my User ID. Can't I at least change my User ID to the working Gmail address? 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 539
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

Log in to https://account.lenovo.com and then select My Profile. Don't worry about any fields which may be empty; they can remain so if you wish, and then scroll down and expand the Security Info menu where you will see the option to change your account email.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals