11-24-2007

Israel

346 Signins

1640 Page Views

• Views: 1640
  • Message 1 of 8

International Warranty Service in Israel

2017-06-27, 11:46 AM

It has recently been brought to my attention that in 2015 Lenovo changed the terms of the international warranty on its Think products, specifically for Israel.

The changes are documented in the following support page:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/il/en/solutions/pd004172

There are actually two separate changes.

1. Customers requiring International Warranty Service in Israel for Think products, may be asked to provide one of the following in order to obtain IWS warranty repair service; proof of purchase (purchase receipt, official order, delivery note, sales memo, or invoice), and/or proof of travel (passport with valid Visa to or from country where product was purchased, or other travel documents).
  2. For any Think product coming from outside of Israel (based on the serial number), an additional 40$ fee will be applied for our service. You will be advised of this charge when contacting our service and will have to make a payment to proceed with the service.

Change #1 also applies to China and ASEAN countries. Change #2 is specific to Israel.

May I inquire about the justification behind these changes?

While #1 seems somewhat reasonable, it was typically not required. More serious is #2 - to my knowledge, this is the first time in the history of Thinkpads, that a fee is required to redeem international warranty, in cases where the warranty clearly applies. It goes against the very concept of a warranty repair.

The internatioinal warranty service (IWS) on Thinkpads, specifically the ability to receive excellent service, no hassle, almost anywhere in the world, has always been one of the brand's strongest selling points. People would specifically buy warranty extensions on Thinkpads, because of the piece of mind they provide. I find it disappointing that Lenovo would now add fees and hurdles to IWS, and long-term I feel it may hurt the brand. I urge Lenovo to reconsider these policies.

P.S. I don't know if this forum is the best venue to raise these concerns, and if it is not - I would welcome suggestions regarding whom to contact and how.

Options

Re: International Warranty Service in Israel

2017-11-03, 21:59 PM

Can someone from Lenovo comment on this?

This is pretty much the only reason I've decided to get a laptop from a different brand with a real international warranty, instead of a ThinkPad. This policy is really awful. Why would I pay hundreds of dollars for the best possible warranty, and then be charged again whenever I actually need to use it?

Options

4 Posts

06-08-2018

IL

7 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 3 of 8

2018-06-08, 14:20 PM

ישראל זו המדינה היחידה בעולם שיצא לגביה הנחיה כזו

זה עושק אמיתי.

Options

4 Posts

06-08-2018

IL

7 Signins

88 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2018-06-08, 14:23 PM
הצלחת לקבל תשובות ממישהו בלנובו לגבי זה?
תודה
Options

56 Posts

11-24-2007

Israel

346 Signins

1640 Page Views

• Views: 1640
  • Message 5 of 8

2018-06-12, 11:36 AM

The terms have been revised post September 2017, and the ridiculous discriminatory policy of charging $40 for invoking IWS, only in Israel, still stands. Shame on you, Lenovo.

Options

4 Posts

06-08-2018

IL

7 Signins

88 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2018-06-12, 20:03 PM

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/il/he/solutions/ht505373

I bought my laptop in January 2016
And I have 3 years international warranty
I am also required to pay $ 40

It's really not fair.

Options

4 Posts

06-08-2018

IL

7 Signins

88 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2018-06-26, 7:06 AM

someone?

Options

1 Posts

09-05-2018

US

4 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 8 of 8

Why are ThinkPad owners discriminated against?!?!

2018-09-05, 19:53 PM

I bought a ThinkPad computer in the United States and brought it to another country, and now that I need repair, they tell me that every repair will cost me $ 40 and not only that, but that a messenger does not come to collect the computer, but I need to get it repaired.
What irritates other Lenovo computers that are not a ThinkPad patch is free and includes shipping.
It makes sense? ThinkPad is a better and more expensive computer!
What's more, only after searching the site can I get information about this and I always thought as everyone thinks that Lannovo has international responsibility, it turns out that the more expensive computers are not !!!
Is there anything to do?
Thanks!
By the way how much does it cost to purchase international warranty?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete