Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nankat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 345
Message 1 of 6

Trying to change my email address

I am trying to change my primary email address.  In doing so, I now seem to have 2 lenovo IDs, yet the email is only going to my old email address even though my new email is listed as the preferred contact in both my old and new IDs. 

What do I need to do to get email to my new address?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 265
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trying to change my email address

Hello,

Unfortunately it would appear that at the moment it is not possible to change the primary account for receiving product notifications; a future enhancement is in planning to enable this modification.  Currently I see two options available to you;

Create a rule in your email application forwarding notifications sent to the older address to the new one.

Send me the old and new email addresses by private message and I will request the changes be made in the backend.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 184
Message 3 of 6

It looks as though there are no product support notifications being sent to either of the email addresses, what type of notifications are you receiving; support related?

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Nankat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 173
Message 4 of 6

The only emails I am receiving now are telling me this week's items on sale.  They are going to my old email, and are sent from the "ecomms.lenovo .com"  address

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 167
Message 5 of 6

Then that's the eCommerce MyAccount and not LenovoID. Try this site and after logging in scroll down and expand the Security Info section

https://account.lenovo.com/us/en/myprofile

Andy

English Community Leader

Highlighted
Nankat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 161
Message 6 of 6

Tried that.  Because I somehow now have 2 Lenovo IDs, one account already has my new email listed and the other tells me that the account already exists and I cannot change the email.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals