cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJonD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 258
Message 1 of 9

Ad is popping up on my screen(Moto g5s plus)

Screenshot_20190426-124204.pngAd popping up frequently like shown in the screenshot

inCollage_20190430_184513368.jpgSo to know which app is triggering this , I pressed the recent apps button(square button). So when I pressed we can see some app with NO NAME(the app which is pointed by arrow)

Screenshot_20190426-125125.pngAd personalisation is OFF from the very beginning in all my google accounts. So I need a better solution Smiley Happy from you.

Screenshot_20190430-184949.pngEven when I'm typing Ad occors on my keypad. Its really irritating.

I'm a Moto user and brought a new MOTO G5S PLUS on June 2018. Within one year this problem has occured which is sooo irritating when I do my important works. The problem is ADVERTISEMENT IS POPPING UP ON MY SCREEN FREQUENTLY. I tried solving the problem by checking whether the Ad personalisation option is turned OFF or not in all my google accounts which was never turned ON before and untill now. So the Ad personalisation option is OFF only. Then I downloaded the Norton mobile app thinking that it will find the threat and kill it. It found one threat and said it solved the problem but the problem is not solved. Its still occuring frequently. Even now when Im typing this message it has occured nearly 4 times in 5 minutes. So kindly help me to solve this problem as soon as possible with ease. I hope I will get an early reply (solution) from MOTO TEAM. Thank you for your help in advance.

Thanks & regards

Jonathan

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 246
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ad is popping up on my screen(Moto g5s plus)

Try Malwarebytes from the Google Playstore Smiley Happy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 230
Message 3 of 9

Hi JJonD,

Thank you for posting. Have you downloaded any recent 3rd party application before these ads showed up? Are you using a 3rd party keyboard? Have you tried rebooting the phone on safe mode? If not, I would suggest doing that and check if the phone would still pop up ads. To Enable Safe Mode: 

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Begin by looking for specific application types such as launchers, task killers or anti-virus apps. Please let us know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

JJonD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 225
Message 4 of 9

I'm not using any third party app now but tried to download it from web and failed to download. Before posting this message, I had a glance at what MOTO TEAM replied to the customers who are facing the same problem like me. In one of your solution, you suggested a customer to REBOOT TO SAFE MODE. So I kept my mobile in SAFE MODE for one full day and No Ad popped up. But when I switched back to Normal mode, again the ads started popping up. 

Is there any other solution?

Thank you for replying Smiley Happy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 219
Message 5 of 9

Hi JJonD,

Rebooting the phone on safe mode will disable all 3rd party apps during that mode. Since you have mentioned that no ads appeared during safe mode, one of the 3rd party apps is causing the issue. You can try deleting them one of those 3rd party apps and check if the ads would still show up. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

JJonD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 203
Message 6 of 9

Thank you zeke for your help. I'm not a expert mobile user(FYI). So,

Is there any steps that you could suggest me on how to find a third party app??

I tried to find it by doing settings --> storage --> apps and I dont know whether it is a right way of finding it.

Kindly do reply. 

Highlighted
JJonD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 195
Message 7 of 9

Thank youu soooo muchhh porphyrius. Juz now saw your solution after a long convo with Moto team.

You solved it in a fraction of seconds.

Thank you again. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 191
Message 8 of 9

@JJonD wrote:

Thank youu soooo muchhh porphyrius. Juz now saw your solution after a long convo with Moto team.

You solved it in a fraction of seconds.

Thank you again. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Glad I could help Smiley Happy

JJonD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 129
Message 9 of 9

Porphyrius!

Now instead of Ad my phone is redirecting me to google chrome automatically. Google chrome is opening automatically and a wierd site name newstand is opening. Kindly help me with you solution.