1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 8

Device registration website is buggy

2021-01-05, 1:09 AM

Hi there @dev / frontend Team. :) 

There are some issues with your website;

If I input copy my whole IMEI (for example) 

124456789098765 / 43

- The phone doesn't get registered

- no message pops up that the input format is not correct. 

Correct input format is (without "space/space" before the last two diggets) 

Options

3810 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3173 Signins

66021 Page Views

• Views: 66021
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Device registration website is buggy

2021-01-06, 3:12 AM

@ ynomel wrote:

Hi there @dev / frontend Team. :) 

There are some issues with your website;

If I input copy my whole IMEI (for example) 

124456789098765 / 43

- The phone doesn' get registered

- no message pops up that the input format is not correct. 

Correct input format is (without "space/space" before the last two diggets) 

Sorry to hear you are having issues registering your phone. 

For registration issues, please ensure you're using the correct site. Links below:

If you still need assistance or your warranty information is showing incorrectly, please use this form. We will do our best to help however we can. Thanks!

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

12-29-2016

GB

8 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 3 of 8

2021-01-11, 17:03 PM
Same problem - I'm unable to register my device (Moto G8). On the UK site, https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/mcp/my_devices/ is a page showing nothing but the the message: "There has been an error with your request." I tried first before coming to the community, and was on the exact same webpage as you list here. I'd like to register my new phone!
Options

3810 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3173 Signins

66021 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-01-11, 21:24 PM

@ muddlemand wrote:

Same problem - I' unable to register my device (Moto G8).On the UK site,https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/mcp/my_devices/is a page showing nothing but the the message:"There has been an error with your request."I tried first before coming to the community, and was on the exact same webpage as you list here.I' like to register my new phone!

Sorry to hear this, did you fill out the form in the post I shared?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

12-29-2016

GB

8 Signins

62 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-01-11, 21:32 PM

@MotorolaTom, if you mean your reply of 6th January, the link I gave is the one in your list (the UK site). There is no form on that page, only the text I quoted.

Options

3810 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3173 Signins

66021 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-01-12, 23:02 PM

@ muddlemand wrote:

@MotorolaTom, if you mean your reply of 6th January, the link I gave is the one in your list (the UK site). There is no form on that page, only the text I quoted.

Correct the link to the form is not on the registration page, but in my post. "If you still need assistance or your warranty information is showing incorrectly, please use this form." Here is the link to the form: https://forms.gle/R9ia7Yr546qYNUeQA sorry if there was any confusion.

-Tom

Options

3 Posts

12-29-2016

GB

8 Signins

62 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-01-13, 12:39 PM

Thanks Tom, my bad, I'd skipped over that last sentence thinking it was just a general "Contact us" link. And didn't see your reply as acknowledging the bug report.

Has the bug been noted now?

In the meantime, I'd suggest adding at least a link to that form into the error message. Or at least *some* hint as to what to do next. Registering for the forum, searching posts etc = time that shouldn't need to be spent.

If this method of registering a phone is available (and so simple), why have a long list of different pages for the purpose? A single link in the website's footer, or on the Help home page or somewhere like that, would be more user-friendly.

Options

3810 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3173 Signins

66021 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-01-13, 19:16 PM

@ muddlemand wrote:

Thanks Tom, my bad, I' skipped over that last sentence thinking it was just a general "Contact us" link. And didn' see your reply as acknowledging the bug report.

Has the bug been noted now?

In the meantime, I' suggest adding at least a link to that form into the error message. Or at least *some* hint as to what to do next. Registering for the forum, searching posts etc = time that shouldn' need to be spent.

If this method of registering a phone is available (and so simple), why have a long list of different pages for the purpose? A single link in the website' footer, or on the Help home page or somewhere like that, would be more user-friendly.

Yeah I understand. I don't control the webpage. Plus the list of regions is because a phone purchased in one region might not register if you try in another region. This initial post was the best I could do to work around the current limitations of our phone registration process. Trust me though, I'm working with people on my end to try and simplify things, but I'm only one part of a must larger group of people. 

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms