Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,515
Message 1 of 1

How Do I Close My Forum Account?

In compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Lenovo is providing transparency and functionality to users for managing their private data within Community. The following will guide members on how to review or download information stored in the Community, and also how to close a Community account.

Please note that when an account is closed:

• All posts and comments will still be available but will be listed under the username Anonymous_User.
  • Any badges, kudos, or accepted solutions that you may have earned will be cleared. If you choose to re-register in the Community you will not be able to reclaim them.

To close your Community Account:

1.   Sign in to the Community.
  2.  Click on your member name at the top of the page and select "My settings"Sign in english.jpgSelect My Settings

If you do not wish to delete IP Addresses or Device IDs or download your content and personal information, please go to step 5.

1.  Select the "Personal Information" tab.

Personal Informaiton English.jpgSelect Personal Information

1.  Scroll down the page to where you see "Device Identifiers". Here you will be able to delete any IP Addresses and Mobile Device Identifiers which have been associated with your Community account. You will also be able to download content and personal information from your profile. It will be provided as a machine-readable .json file. When the account is closed, the IP Addresses, Device IDs and Personal Information will be deleted.

device id english.jpgdelete IP & devices download content

1.   If you wish to close your Community Account select the "Close Account" tab at the top of the page then click on the Close Account button.

close account 1 english.jpgClose Account

1.  Upon closing your account, a confirmation popup will appear. Enter your member name and select Close Account.  If you do not wish to close your Community Account the popup can be closed by clicking on the "X" in the top right corner.

close account 2 english.jpgconfirm closure

1.  You will receive a confirmation message that your Community Account has been closed.closure confirmation

account closed english.jpg

Top Kudoed Authors