Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
raytec
What's DOS?
Views: 9,544
Message 1 of 269

How do I get included in a soak test?

I'm New to the whole motoroal support feedback program and would like to take part in the Soak Test, granted i am ultimately accepted to do so. However as i am new and considered a "newb" will this not allow me to do so? Also next to my user name i have the "Telegraph" Icon, what does this mean in general and as far as the ST? any input would be appreciated, thanks! 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 9,482
Message 2 of 269

Re: How do I get included in a soak test?

No please join up. Mark said this will happen in the future so sign up and this way if you continue to use the forums you will go up in levels soon. The more you post the higher your points go up. You get points for posts and more for answering a question for someone well. You will find you can move up fast if you stay active in here. So don't let anything stop you from signing up for the MFN.
raytec
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 269

Thanks for the input, i did sign up for MFN. i was just making sure the whole "telegraph" thing wouldnt stop me alone from taking part in Soak Tests or any other testing or anything of the sort due to me being a new member.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 269

As of now this will not be an issue. But maybe in the future as Mark stated. So be active on here and get your points up for later if things change. Mark I'm sure will make it known in advance of any new official changes to the MFN policy.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 269

Mark said:

"You're fine. In the future we'll possibly be excluding users who have Telegraph(and possibly Landline)status from participating in opportunities. We have a fair amount of users who sign up, don't provide feedback and take spaces from others who want to provide feedback.

Mark
Support Forums Manager"

source: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/ce8c8dccc1?commentId=614394#614394

We are only trying to encourage users to participate more here in the forums. Please enjoy yourselves and post. Thanks.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 269

Eagle328 said:

As of now this will not be an issue. But maybe in the future as Mark stated. So be active on here and get your points up for later if things change. Mark I'm sure will make it known in advance of any new official changes to the MFN policy.

Yes in advance of any change in policy/requirement we would make members aware of it. It's pretty easy to get above 10 pts. So get posting!

Mark
Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
gmonkey88
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 269

I guess I should start getting involved as well. lol. 

Cool

xbeam2k2
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 269

So what exactly is the Soak Test? I think I have an idea what it may be but just would like some clarification. Is it all who sign up for MFN will be the first to try out ICS and other updates as they are released?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 269

Yes by joining the MFN you will then be able to be chosen or asked to precipitate in any soak tests or other tests for your registered devices. Remember some of the tests come with limits to the amount of people. so make sure to respond to your email as soon as you can. also make sure all your information in correct as this is the one area that most make mistakes and are not asked to join a test. Good luck, I hope you get in to one and see what its all about.Smile

slaphappy769
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 269

xbeam2k2 said:

So what exactly is the Soak Test? I think I have an idea what it may be but just would like some clarification. Is it all who sign up for MFN will be the first to try out ICS and other updates as they are released?

I appologize if I am inaccurate on this (feel free to point it out lol), however a soak test is a test of the beta or draft version of a software...in this case the OS for a phone.  It typically is a more complete draft, close to the final OTA release.  The soak test gives Moto (or other Co.) the chance to trial test the new OS, identify bugs/kinks/potholes/etc., receive feedback, and implement fix actions to correct the issues.  This is done to ensure a more complete, stable OS is released.  The soakers are the small control group of End Users that are selected to be the lab rats.  I hope this helps!

Top Kudoed Authors