cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anzac65
Paper Tape
Views: 538
Message 1 of 8

How do I listen to a song downloaded from my pc?

I have downloaded one song from my PC.  I can see the song when i search for 'music' in File Manager.

However when I go into Play Music I get stuck at the 'subscribe' page.  I do not wish to subscribe as I only want to listen to my own music downloaded from my PC.  If I go into the menu and select Music Library or any other option it hops back to the Subscribe to Play Music screen

Can anyone help me to understand how I can play my music please?

Anzac65
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 2 of 8

Re: How do I listen to a song downloaded from my pc?

Meant to add that if i click on the song when I find it in file manager it gives the message "couldnt play the track that you requested"

Thanks in advance for your help

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 514
Message 3 of 8

Have you copied the music file across or a,"Shortcut"?

Most music files are in the .mp3 format or older ones in the .wav format.If the file ends in .ink then it's a shortcut and not the actual file.

Please give Kudos or correct answer where applicable.

Anzac65
Paper Tape
Views: 479
Message 4 of 8

Thankyou.  The file format is .wma.  Does that look correct?  I googled it but getting teckie answers (and I'm not teckie!)

Highlighted
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 472
Message 5 of 8

That's a good,

.wma files are a Microsoft Windows format and most stock Android players might not support it it.No worries.I use the much better and free VLC player that can play all of them including videos,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc&hl=en_GB

I also use the PC version as I prefer it to WMP(Windows Media Player).

Please give Kudos or correct answer where applicable.

Anzac65
Paper Tape
Views: 465
Message 6 of 8

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU Porphyrius!  I downloaded VLC and I am right now listening to the song I downloaded.  I will download the rest slowly over some time in case I use up too much memory on my phone - or isn't that an issue?

My IPOD recently broke and I haven't had music to dim the noise of annoying commuters for a few weeks.  Yay!

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 459
Message 7 of 8

You are in,"Android Land" now and we have Micro SDcards so you can store hundreds of albums.

I only use Branded ones and this Make/Size and speed will do you fine.

https://www.amazon.com.au/SanDisk-Ultra-UHS-I-Memory-Adapter/dp/B00M55C0NS/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

Just stick one in the SD card slot inside the phone and save your songs on there.If it asks you what kind of format you want when it's recognized choose,"External Storage" Smiley Happy

I made my own Folder on my Phone whilst connected to my Laptop called,"MyMusic" just to make is easier to keep trackof my songs and folders inside that with BandArtiste names.

I'm probably a lot older than you and an,"Old Rocker" but one of me Top Fave bands are of course,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5rGm3kdTuk

Anzac65
Paper Tape
Views: 445
Message 8 of 8

I can't see your YouTube as I am at work and our firewalls don't allow viewing YouTube; but just for the record, I consider myself an 'old rocker' too!  I was a teenager in the 80's so my music is all from that era with a few exceptions from the 90's Smiley Happy.  The song I downloaded as my test is Planet Claire by the b52's (one of my favourite bands).  I am in Australia so have all the wonderful Aussie rock too!