Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maestreaux
Paper Tape
Views: 821
Message 1 of 2

I think I'm done with Motorola!

I've been a loyal Motorola fan for years and have had multiple devices. I've had my Moto X pure for a while now and for the most part have really liked it. I've been looking to upgrade for the past few months and while I've been intrigued by the Moto Z or Moto G, or X? Why so many different letters??? The simple fact that Motorola does not care about updating their phones has turned me off Motorola for good. My Moto X is still on Android 7.0 which was released over 2 years ago!  But I didn't receive that update until well after Android 8.0 was released. My current security patch is over a year old! Clearly Motorola is more interested in making multiple slightly different versions of the same phone to confuse potential customers rather than rewarding current customers for investing in their product. My Moto X experience has taught me that while Moto makes a good phone, i know that if i choose to invest in one again it will be no doubt be abandoned by Moto after 6 months.

georgebamford
What's DOS?
Views: 742
Message 2 of 2

Re: I think I'm done with Motorola!

I feel your frustration, but for another reason.  I have had the same Droid Maxx for about 5 years.   I can't use certain apps because of my OS.  Motorola says that it's because the old hardware can't keep up with the new OS.  I have no tech knowledge to dispute this but it just feels like I'm being lied to by someone a thousand miles away as usual in these kind of scenarios.

I've been waiting for Motorola to come out with a new Flagship phone but they keep spitting out mid range junk with no ear jack etc.  I guess their business strategy is to dominate the mediocre market.  I'll probably have to go with Samsung or Pixel.  To bad so sad.