Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonthedruid
Paper Tape
Views: 885
Message 1 of 7

Moto z3 USB c

Can the Moto z3 handle a usb type c PC docking station?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 876
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto z3 USB c

@leonthedruid wrote:

Can the Moto z3 handle a usb type c PC docking station?

Are you looking to charge it or thinking of getting mouse keyboard and monitor? I don't know of any Moto phone with USB-C that supports a docking station for peripherals. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
leonthedruid
Paper Tape
Views: 855
Message 3 of 7

Keyboard, Mouse and a monitor... My G5 Plus can handle a mouse and keyboard with the USB host adapter. Was wondering if the Z3 could handle the full capabilities of USB C or was software limited.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 851
Message 4 of 7

@leonthedruid wrote:

Keyboard, Mouse and a monitor... My G5 Plus can handle a mouse and keyboard with the USB host adapter. Was wondering if the Z3 could handle the full capabilities of USB C or was software limited.

I know you won't get a monitor out of USB-C - none of the phones support that. I don't know the reason why. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
leonthedruid
Paper Tape
Views: 830
Message 5 of 7

Oh well so much for my next phone being a Moto .  Between no Android 8 for the G5 and this I will be going elsewhere.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 822
Message 6 of 7

@leonthedruid wrote:

Oh well so much for my next phone being a Moto .  Between no Android 8 for the G5 and this I will be going elsewhere.

Are there lots of other phones that support KVM over the phone's usb port? I was not aware of any. 

leonthedruid
Paper Tape
Views: 806
Message 7 of 7

Seems the Samsung S9 does, but I can get close to three Moto Z3 s for the price of one S9.

Top Kudoed Authors