Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rosebiddy
Paper Tape
Views: 325
Message 1 of 4

Unlocked Moto G6 won't play voicemail

I bought an unlocked Moto G6 that I'm using on Access Wireless (Sprint network). I see the voicemail icon indicating I have messages, but I can't get them.

I called Motorola Support and they said it is a carrier issue.

I called the carrier, who said it is a Motorola issue. They also said a solution is that they can set up a voicemail that I can only access with a landline! Searching for a landline so you can call in and get your voicemail negates the purpose of having a cell phone. 

So I am being ping-ponged back and forth, each claiming it's the other's problem, and in the meantime I have no voicemail. Any help?

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 314
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unlocked Moto G6 won't play voicemail

@Rosebiddy wrote:

I bought an unlocked Moto G6 that I'm using on Access Wireless (Sprint network). I see the voicemail icon indicating I have messages, but I can't get them.

I called Motorola Support and they said it is a carrier issue.

I called the carrier, who said it is a Motorola issue. They also said a solution is that they can set up a voicemail that I can only access with a landline! Searching for a landline so you can call in and get your voicemail negates the purpose of having a cell phone. 

So I am being ping-ponged back and forth, each claiming it's the other's problem, and in the meantime I have no voicemail. Any help?

Voicemail setup is carrier specific. And depending on the carrier and the phone, it can be a one button push, or require a dial in number and pin. The carrier blames the phone because they want you buy their pre-configured phones and generally don't want to make things work on other phones. 

If Sprint can setup via a landline, then those same settings would work on your phone.

Usually, from your cell phone,  you just dial your own phone number, and you will be prompted for a PIN. Then you can go through the call options. Have you tried this?

I see sprint also has an App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sprint.vvm&hl=en_US have you tested that?

Your phone may also have settings under the dialer app - open the dialer, 3 dot menu top right, settings - but you will have to get dial-in number (if different from your own) from your carrier. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Rosebiddy
Paper Tape
Views: 298
Message 3 of 4

THANK YOU ALPHADOG! Dialing in worked. I don't know why neither the Access Wireless nor Moto offered this as a solution.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 293
Message 4 of 4

@Rosebiddy wrote:
THANK YOU ALPHADOG! Dialing in worked. I don't know why neither the Access Wireless nor Moto offered this as a solution.

Glad that worked. If you have Voicemail settings as you may have as mentioned above, you may be able to change some settings and get it to work via the number 1 key, or activate other options. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum