US

4 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 1

Wifi connectivity issues - Moto G6

2019-12-15, 20:29 PM

Hello, 

I have trouble with wifi working on my moto G6, and have since the Android 9 update. 

I found similar posts that were not answered/unhelpful:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Moto-G6-Wifi-disconnects-and-reconnects-frequently/td-p/4091752

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Moto-G6-Plus-WiFi-and-Microphone-issues/td-p/4082825/page/3

Basically, when I connect to wifi, the connection constantly stalls (I can't load a page in google, or on social media). The wifi cycles from nonfunctional to normal in 30-second cycles. Like, it works for 30 seconds, then it doesn't, then it works again.

I tried forgetting networks, then connecting to them again. I always have a working connection for the first 30 seconds, but then it goes into the usual cycle again. 

There is no indicator that my wifi isn't connected: in the wifi settings, the icon says that I am connected, even when I'm experiencing the problem. 

Also interesting, my cellular data works perfectly fine, no issues with it at all.

This seems to me like it should be fixable - there wasn't any issue with my wifi until the android 9 update, and resetting the wifi connection fixes it temporarily. Seeing this, I think the problem has to do with software, and there's got to be a way to patch it up. Anyway, I have high hopes!

I have to say, the phone has mostly been all right, but this is a really aggrivating issue. I might have to switch back to my old iphone if I can't fix it! I'd appreciate any insight on how I can fix the problem, or if someone is working on a fix.

Josh

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save