English Community

Special Interest DiscussionsForum Housekeeping Knowledge Base

How do I start a new post?

Question

I just signed up for the forum and have spent a lot of time reading posts, and am perplexed by not seeing any way I can ask a question.  I have seen no way for me to ask a question except to add a comment to an existing thread. Am I missing something or am I just supposed to read & not ask?

Answer

Forum users may join an existing discussion from within a discussion thread by clicking the Reply or Quick Reply button, or they may create a new discussion thread by clicking the New Message button shown in the example below.

Please note that there are several pre-requisites:

1) You must be logged in (signed in) to Community.

2) Your account must be verified. After registration, an email is sent to the email address you provided during registration and there is a verification ink to click.  Until validated, your new account will not have permission to post or send private messages, so if you are logged in as a new member and don't see the button shown below, likely your account has not been verified.

3) You must be at a board level rather than category or community level in the navigation, please also ensure that you have expanded the Full Board List and are not viewing via the Recent Topics or Latest Solutions features. See illustration below:

The image below shows the button for creating a brand new message to start off your topic in the selected board.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

Cleo_Lenovo On 2012-07-24, 12:51 PM
drpii On 2012-12-04, 19:40 PM

I do not find the "NEW MESSAGE" hot spot in ANY Levono forum!!

HatemRahmo On 2012-12-10, 19:19 PM

got it thanks!! i am loving my lenovo

erikthekillian On 2013-02-16, 22:21 PM

I don't have the "New Message" tab either! Please Help!

Mark_Lenovo On 2013-05-21, 22:10 PM

In order for the new message button to be visible, you must:

1) Be logged in

2) Have validated your forum registration - there is a message sent to your email to validate after you register.  If you do not do this, you do not have the required permissions to post or to send private messages.

3) You must be at a board level, not category or community level in the navigation.

LenForum On 2013-07-24, 13:19 PM

How does one navigate to the 'board level' I can not see the "New Message" tab at any level!

andyP On 2013-09-25, 6:25 AM
tunstallrl On 2013-10-14, 21:52 PM

I just got new Lenovo and used Lenove Resue System 4.0 to save a system image to my hard drive.

Is there any way I can also save it to a thumb drive??

It only gives options for a "default" path or a "hard drive"??

nhartvig On 2013-10-21, 16:06 PM

Seems I am running way to hot . This a report from Speccy. Any commnets ?

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 920XM @ 2.00GHz 88 °C
Clarksfield 45nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
LENOVO 4318CTO (None) 86 °C
Graphics
ThinkPad Display 1920x1080 (1920x1080@60Hz)
M370SL (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M (Lenovo) 80 °C
Hard Drives
466GB HITACHI HTS725050A9A364 (SATA) 53 °C
Optical Drives
MAT**bleep**A DVD-RAM UJ8A0A
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop