Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

IntroductionForum Housekeeping
All Forum Topics
Options

Account problem with merge & new

2021-11-24, 16:24 PM

I had an account ages ago, it was working fine.  

This week I bought a new laptop and it asked me to create a Lenovo ID as part of some kind of registration for warranty I think.

Anyway - I entered some details, i now have an old one i can't merge in (attempting to connect claims it doesn't exist) and a new one that also can't sign in because when I try to complete my profile details it complains that the email already exists.  

I had to create this new account as there seems to be no other way to get support with broken logins.  Is someone able to fix this please?  If it's easier just deleting my old one is fine with me, there's nothing relevant on there anymore.

Answer
Options

1 Posts

11-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5

Re:Account problem with merge & new

2021-11-26, 10:03 AM

I didn't remember having a Lenovo ID at all, but it turns out I had the old forum account set to the email address of my new Lenovo ID, but an old Lenovo ID with an email matching my new forum account.  Fun mess.  I managed to delete everything except my new Lenovo ID and go from there, thanks.

Replies(4)
Options

11991 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33122 Signins

1241820 Page Views

• Views: 1241820
  • Message 2 of 5

2021-11-25, 9:51 AM

Hello and welcome to Community,

It is not possible to merge Lenovo IDs nor Forum accounts, although it is possible to connect to an older Forum account which was created before Lenovo ID was introduced by selecting the option on the profile completion page.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

2021-11-25, 10:47 AM

Yes that's what I was trying to do - connect them - but as above when I try to do this it says my account isn't found, and if I don't try to connect them and just complete the profile parts needed for forum access on my Lenovo ID, I'm told my email address is already in use (probably it's finding that old account).

Can my old non-Lenovo-ID profile be deleted please?  It might fix things.

Options

11991 Posts

09-04-2014

Slovakia

33122 Signins

1241820 Page Views

• Views: 1241820
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-11-26, 8:31 AM

Hello,

I believe I have found your original account, System11, and it is associated with a Lenovo ID so using the correct Lenovo ID for that account should log you in without problem.

Andy

Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
Answer
Options

1 Posts

11-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-11-26, 10:03 AM

I didn't remember having a Lenovo ID at all, but it turns out I had the old forum account set to the email address of my new Lenovo ID, but an old Lenovo ID with an email matching my new forum account.  Fun mess.  I managed to delete everything except my new Lenovo ID and go from there, thanks.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms