cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 7,657
Message 1 of 12

And we’re back…..Move delayed but still coming.

Hi.

Our apologies for the long absence. We have been working hard to complete the transition to our new community home. Unfortunately, our first attempt was not successful, and we’re back on our old platform.

We are going to regroup and try again, but probably not for a few weeks. We will let you know here when we’re ready to try again. In the meantime, please resume posting! We’ve missed you and we’re eager to hear from you.

Again, so sorry for the interruption. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Matt, Andy, Tom, Miguel, Juraj, Serene and Alicja

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again.

As explained below, we are preparing our move to a new forums platform -- and the move starts today! At 17:00 UTC this community will go into "read-only" mode. You will not be able to post anything on the site, though you will be able to navigate and read posts.

Our goal is to reopen on our new platform on Friday, Jan. 10. If we find that we're not ready to do so, this site will reopen and we will make the move later, likely in February. Wish us luck!

Over the next few days, if you have issues, problems or questions that just can't wait, we do have an option for you.

• Please use this form to submit a question or issues that are urgent. We will do our best to respond to you via email during that time. We are working to get the form up in all of our supported languages, but they may not all be there immediately. 
  • We may also send outbound emails to respond to community posts that have not yet received a response or are not yet resolved.

Thank you for your continued membership, support and engagement. See you on the other side!

Best regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re Moving!

In the near future, our Lenovo and Motorola forums will move to a new platform. We are working to make the transition smooth and easy, but a move this size is tricky. Here’s what we expect, what we don’t expect – and what’s still unknown.

First, you should find the new site very similar to the current one.

• You will use the same login information, and have the same username, avatar, etc.
  • The site will look a bit different, but should not be missing any significant features.
  • All the content in our interactive communities will move to the new site.

We’ve slated a few items for “Phase 2” of the move, including finalization and improvements to the Knowledgebase. We also have some improvements for the community that we hope to introduce in the future.

The transition itself is going to be the greatest challenge. Here are the key items to know.

• We will put the current site into “read only” mode at some point. During this period you will not be able to post or reply on the site, but only see the content. This is necessary as we make the final move of content to the new platform.
  • We will do our best to give you at least a couple days’ notice before we go “Read Only,” if we can.
  • The forums will close for, at minimum, three days. Our goal is to keep this time as short as possible.
  • However, there are some unknowns about this final move process. It may take longer than we hope, and if this is the case, we will rely on your patience and understanding.

While the forums are closed, we invite you to send your urgent support issues to us via email (address to follow), and we will do our best to respond. Please do not send us questions about the move itself and instead send your technical support questions. If you can wait until we reopen forums, all the better!

We honestly believe that our online communities are unique in the detail, timeliness, and relevance of the feedback we get. Your membership and participation are truly valued and appreciated. Thanks for being forum members, and thanks for your support as we make this move.

Best regards,

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Guru
Views: 7,378
Message 2 of 12

Re: We're Moving!

Great 2020 Project to start with. Good luck.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Guru
Views: 7,306
Message 3 of 12

An official Lenovo wiki to which customers and staff can contribute would be an excellent addition as well if this is a possibility.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

Guru
Views: 7,014
Message 4 of 12

Agreed with that ^^

Big move for a big new year... good luck!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

dweiruk
Paper Tape
Views: 6,928
Message 5 of 12

that would be good will the Medion be merging also with this community

Regards
David
Lewis7436
Paper Tape
Views: 6,857
Message 6 of 12

Will the new forum bring accurate answers from staff too? Smiley Wink

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 6,787
Message 7 of 12

@dweiruk No the Medion Community is not being merged in

@Lewis7436 This Community was originally launched as a primarily peer-to-peer Community which there are no plans to radically change.
"While members from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, this forum is not designed as a dedicated and staffed support channel."

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

dweiruk
Paper Tape
Views: 6,699
Message 8 of 12

Would be great if it was as i see a kot of issues on the site
Regards
David
Highlighted
TaffyOutlane
Punch Card
Views: 6,255
Message 9 of 12

Wishing you all a Happy & Healthy New Year. At 9.30 am this morning, I saw a message "Lenovo Vantage Services are upgrading." - I wondered what it was all about as I've not seen an upggrade in action before, so now I know.

When the change has been completed, I hope to find a previous thread I started about the fact that this laptop is dreadfully slow. (I have a Legion Y520 which is said to be a gaming machine - I didn't know that when I bought it.

I had a quick look for the thread just now but couldn't find it. Presumably everything will be back in place when the move has been finalised.

CPU Core i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz/KabyLake 14nm/8gbRAMSingle/M'board LNVNB161216 (U3E1)/Intel HD Graphics 630/4095MB NVIDIA GTX 1050 ForceWare/Win10x64/OFF365 Home
Guru
Views: 1,407
Message 10 of 12

Re: And we’re back…..Move delayed but still coming.

Hope the second attempt does it!

Also, just wanted to you let you know that the links from email notifications don't resolve to an actual site (it seems to be missing the forums.lenovo.com part but has the rest of the link). 

Thank you and best of luck!!!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors