Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

IntroductionForum Housekeeping
All Forum Topics
Options

325 Posts

10-04-2012

United States

777 Signins

4689 Page Views

• Views: 4689
  • Message 1 of 5

Do you want to be able to edit your messages at any time?

2012-12-02, 6:02 AM

I do.  We'd like to be able to edit posts at any future time so that we can keep all the instructions for installing drivers, flashing recovery images, etc in one place.  Right now, it is very difficult to guide new users through the process of simply preparing their devices to use fastboot.  We have multiple posts hidden in different threads, usually posts by new users with the same questions.

I'm pretty sure the mods can change the forum settings so that we can keep all the directions as the first post in their own threads.  That would make things so much easier for us.  We keep getting the same questions from users, and we're trying to be helpful and make the Lenovo forum a place where new owners can get answers to their problems, but honestly it is very hard when we can't edit posts where we keep standard answers or instructions.

Please enable unlimited editing.  We're trying to be helpful, and this would make things much easier for us.

FloRider

Options

1145 Posts

08-30-2012

United States of America

795 Signins

28316 Page Views

• Views: 28316
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Do you want to be able to edit your messages at any time?

2012-12-03, 2:03 AM

I agree... it's stupid that we can't edit the first post of a thread.  Sometimes linked need to be changed, instructions updated or clarified, etc.

Options

41 Posts

11-30-2012

Owenton Kentucky

65 Signins

408 Page Views

• Views: 408
  • Message 3 of 5

2012-12-08, 21:49 PM

I to agree with that as it's next to impossible for me to find everything, let alone understand it with all the jumping around that you must do, It would certainly make it a lot eaiser to be able to keep all the instructions in the right places.

Options

1145 Posts

08-30-2012

United States of America

795 Signins

28316 Page Views

• Views: 28316
  • Message 4 of 5

2012-12-09, 1:48 AM

You wouldn't believe how many emails I get from people trying to use old links.  I can't change them on first posts and people don't read through multiple pages of a thread to find the latest links.

Options

3385 Posts

06-27-2012

India

5396 Signins

57737 Page Views

• Views: 57737
  • Message 5 of 5

2012-12-10, 11:10 AM

@all

I completely agree with what you said. But there is some reason behind everything. 
Let me elaborate. If you have posted something wrong on the forum and you realise it after the op of the thread has tried it and you try to edit, then you would just make mockery out of the op. Also after editing the post, there is no notification and maximum members do not even to give kudos to someone, then how will they no that it has been edited after reading the post?  I think 24 hours is enough for you to edit.

One more thing is that if there were an option of editing the post for infinite days, then there would be nothing left called bumping the post. 

I hope you all understand,

One thing more. If you are very desperate to edit your posts, then you will always have the option to contact a moderator via a personal message. Some mods who are my favourite are

zoltanthegypsy

sarbin

Agotthelf

topmahof

andyP

And many more kind helpers!!!!

Kind Regards

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms