cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 4,567
Message 1 of 14

!! Forum Maintenance Annoucement - Monday 29th February 2016 !!

The Lenovo forums will be placed in a Read Only Mode on Friday 2/26 for maintenance.    During this time, you may continue to browse the community reading discussions, blogs and KB articles, but will be unable to log in to reply or create new discussions.  The community will return to normal operations late Friday afternoon, US Eastern Standard Time.    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and support.

What’s going on?  As many of you my know, Lenovo welcomed Motorola Mobility to our family of products some time ago and now we will be bringing over the Motorola community and joining with the Lenovo Community.   As part of this change, we will be rolling out a new look for both Lenovo and Motorola – each community will reflect the brand and will include a number enhancements to aid navigation and discovery of content.   For simplicity, we will share a common user registration on the platform so that you can sign in with a single account and participate in either or both communities. 

More details on this soon, stay tuned!

Edit; date in subject edited

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 4,478
Message 2 of 14

Re: !! Forum Maintenance Annoucement - Friday 26th February 2016 !!

Woohoo, Motorola! 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Former Administrator
Views: 4,445
Message 3 of 14

Re: !! Forum Maintenance Annoucement - Friday 26th February 2016 !!

Ok Everyone!

This part of the work behind the scenes is complete and the community is back to normal operation at this time.

Additional updates to follow on our progress.

Mark

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 4,381
Message 4 of 14

Re: !! Forum Maintenance Annoucement - Monday 29th February 2016 !!

Today we've reached the point in time when some other things will start happening throughout the late evening and night (GMT) or late afternoon through evening EST.

Firstly you'll notice a change in forum appearance when we introduce a new skin design which also includes one or two new functional changes which will be followed up, a few hours later, by the opening to the public of the new Motorola community.  During the time all of this is happening we expect the forum to function normally without any outages or inconvenience to members..

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Guru
Views: 4,363
Message 5 of 14

Looking forward to a new skin design!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Puppy
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,333
Message 6 of 14

It is horrible. Looks like a mobile version on desktop PC. Everything is big, I can see 5 topics only etc.

Token Ring
Views: 4,317
Message 7 of 14

Who thinks that a light gray font on a white background is easy to read?!?  Ridiculous!  My head hurts after 10 minutes of looking at this.

Is there a way to change the appearance in individual settings?  Either black text on a light background, or light text on a dark background?

Please!!

Are you trying to drive us away?

Phil__C
Token Ring
Views: 4,310
Message 8 of 14

Another goofy problem:

Go to first page of a forum in Firefox.  Look at bottom-most topic.  Page down once.  You miss two entire topic headings that are now above the top of your page.

Did anyone test this stuff?

Edit:  This happens when you page down from the top of any page.  You "miss" several lines of text!

Guru
Views: 4,269
Message 9 of 14

I like it a lot. Doesn't give me a headache. Of course, it's just been implemented, and I'm pretty sure they're working on improving it and fixing bugs over time.

Regards,
Eric Xu

Phil__C
Token Ring
Views: 4,239
Message 10 of 14

Everyone is different.  There should be a user option to change display colors, like other major forums have.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors