English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo IdeaPad 1xx, 3xx, 5xx & 7xx, Edge, LaVie Z, Flex Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-07-2020

US

4 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Flex 5 Ideapad 14" Battery

2020-09-07, 9:39 AM

Hello, I have recently gotten the Ideapad Flex 5 14" for school use and I've been testing it's battery(For the last 2 days). I'm getting around 3 hours with normal light use of smaller games (Roblox, Steam, etc) and getting around 5-7 hours without those applications being used. At times, the Ideapad goes to 3-4 hours with switching from a light use game to regular use(Even after it's around 40%).  During light games, it estimates that the battery will last around an hour and 30 minutes (around the 60% mark). Is this normal for this laptop model or do I just have a defected version? Another question I have is if it's alright to leave it plugged in most of the time and will it run on the power from the cord or the battery. (will the battery deteriorate regardless of it being plugged in)? 

Solved! See the solution
Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

80 Signins

4413 Page Views

• Views: 4413
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Flex 5 Ideapad 14" Battery

2020-09-08, 8:31 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

So, many factors goes into how long a laptop lasts, the modern CPUs are quite good at using as little as possible, when they dont need to run heavy applications, but the more heavy an application, the more power it uses, the same goes for the build in GPU in your laptop as well, so this behaviour is quite normal, you can extend the battery life a bit more, by dialing down the light level of the screen as well.

Most modern laptops do not draw from the battery when plugged in, nor charge the battery when its plugged in, so it should be perfectly safe for your laptop.

Example, my laptop is 4 years old, same battery, and is mostly plugged in, but works quite fine on the battery still.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete