CA

543 Signins

7198 Page Views

• Views: 7198
  • Message 41 of 47

Issue: Replying to a private msg causes a grey button on iOS

2020-03-17, 21:55 PM

Hi!

Today (2020-03-17 ~ 17:00 Eastern daylight time) I tried to reply to a private message and when I clicked "Reply", the button turned grey and nothing happened.

Attempted on an iPhone 6S, iOS 13.3.1, using Safari.

Worked OK from my laptop using Firefox.

Thanks,
Martin

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

I'm a volunteer, NOT a Lenovo employee.
If I solved your issue, please click Accept as a Solution.
If my post helped, consider giving me a Thumbs Up.

Main: P52 (I7-8750H P1000 FHD 16GB 512GB-SSD 1TB-HDD)
Also, 2x M820z, 1x P520c, 1x ideaCentre 300S-11IBR

Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3387 Signins

41985 Page Views

• Views: 41985
  • Message 42 of 47

Re:New Forum Community Feedback/Issues

2020-03-19, 3:50 AM

Seeing this error on the home page...

And still not receiving notification emails. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

9044 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32579 Signins

1204220 Page Views

• Views: 1204220
  • Message 43 of 47

2020-03-21, 14:22 PM

All

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for not posting here earlier; it has been a very very busy time but I assure you your comments have not gone unnoticed as you will see from my notes below;

Gray text on grey background?

Font has already been darkened

Why do we have to scroll past a page of Events/Featured to come to the Forum – on a Forum?

We removed everything which had been featured in order that this was no longer an issue almost immediately, further steps to improve this are work in progress.

Please make the title field longer, so it’s possible to read more of the subject matter.

Acknowledged. At lower than category level we have improved the text wrapping and some other adjustments are work in progress.

It seems like the unordered and ordered lists are not lining up properly with paragraphs

Acknowledged. I have to confess this is a low priority issue; it works and doesn't massively impact the readability of posts nor  ability to post

• you

could use the indent button as a workaround if that achieves your goal [edit: maybe not by the looks of things :) ]

I'm probably overlooking it, but I don't see the option to quote a prior post.

Quoting is something we have had at the top of our list however there are one or two issues we still need to resolve. As a workaround I would suggest right clicking the reply button and opening it in a new tab or window and revert back to caveman copy & paste.

As I'm typing this, I also don't see an option to cancel typing a message.  I guess I'll just post! :)

It's work in progress, don't know how we overlooked that; sometimes the simple things are elusive. Another caveman workaround for all would be to click the browser back button

Can we get a dark mode please? This forum is blindingly white.

Yes, and sorry not immediately. 

the blue/gray/blue/gray alternating icon color on the left of messages does nothing for me. Please choose one color for unread-posts icons  (blue and one for read posts (gray?)

On that note: Make it clearer which posts are unread. I can't see the difference atm, is there any?

The roundels to the left of topics are something we are looking at to repurpose but it is unlikely anything will change in the near future. As to unread posts we are working to improve the functionality of the new column to the right of topics. Views, New, Comments

The in-line green checkmark in front of solved posts should be on the same line as the post title. Right now it's one line above

Acknowledge and is one of the ideas we have for utilizing the roundels to the left of topics amongst others

One more on the message list: the tags are way too prominent. Consider not even showing the tags in the message list.

Acknowledged, definitely needs improvement and we are looking into options.

Request: imo tapping a thread with unread posts should jump straight to the first unread post.

Acknowledge and couldn't agree with you more, is work in progress

I can't find the "Mark all posts as read" button.

Acknowledged, is work in progress

do away with the large light blue Reply / Quick Reply / Submit buttons, and make them text links

Acknowledged, taken under consideration but considered a lower priority to other items

when starting a reply from page 2 of a thread, hitting 'Submit' then loads page 1 of the thread, so the user doesn't see his/her post

Acknowledged, even more frustrating when the topic has more than 2 pages. Is work in progress

I have seen the new thumbs up icon before, but right now I'm not seeing it anywhere on the page.

It's been to the right of the "Reply" or "Accept as Solution" button

In member profile it shows 1 post.  Within the post itself, the member shows 0 posts.

Acknowledged, this is the DB not counting the opening post in a thread as a post but rather as a new topic, is work in progress

Going into my profile on the mobile site does not show recent posts... It does on the full site though

Acknowledged, currently a constraint of the mobile version, is work in progress

Not sure if it's just me, but I'm not getting email notifications on updates to subscribed posts.  Checked my spam folder and notification settings, all seems a-okay

Acknowledged, we had to turn off some notifications because the feature wasn't functioning correctly. Is work in progress

I noticed that my old avatar is gone. I tried to upload the new one, but it looked buggy. I uploaded a new different avatar, but I couldn't see any changes

Acknowledged, one of the first bugs reported. It is work in progress but unfortunately has been bumped by other issues we consider more important.

Please bring back RSS feature.

We just did, please enjoy

I've purposely not provided ETAs on the ground that the fix process is agile and needs to be adjusted according to fix importance and developer time available; sometimes the decisions aren't easy to make but we are doing our best to address readability and usability first dropping in aesthetic fixes where we can which leads to; please don't ask me when a specific issue will be addressed for the reasons just stated but be assured we are reading your comments even if we don't respond as quickly as you might like.

Keep the suggestions coming and thanks again for those already submitted.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

399 Posts

07-08-2019

CA

543 Signins

7198 Page Views

• Views: 7198
  • Message 44 of 47

2020-04-11, 20:37 PM

Hi!

BUG: I noticed that sometimes, on posting, backslashes "\" disappear. It might be linked with quotes.

I sometimes have to edit them back in my post.

Martin

I'm a volunteer, NOT a Lenovo employee.
If I solved your issue, please click Accept as a Solution.
If my post helped, consider giving me a Thumbs Up.

Main: P52 (I7-8750H P1000 FHD 16GB 512GB-SSD 1TB-HDD)
Also, 2x M820z, 1x P520c, 1x ideaCentre 300S-11IBR

Options

2 Posts

02-20-2020

GB

2 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 45 of 47

2020-04-28, 16:04 PM

strange

Options

902 Posts

01-04-2018

US

501 Signins

6226 Page Views

• Views: 6226
  • Message 46 of 47

2020-05-22, 17:04 PM

Hello,

Here are a few issues I've had with the forum so far, sorry if there's a duplicate that I've missed:

1. When using "Message tags", they're permanent. Going back to edit the post results in only being able to add more message tags.

2. We can't delete our own posts.

3. I get no notifications for when someone replies to me. I haven't yet tried manually subscribing, but it doesn't notify me through notifications or email anymore for new threads. EDIT: This is also true when subscribing.

4. Formatting in Quick Reply isn't carried over. Specifically, new lines are not printed out.

Thanks,

Lelouch

Options

641 Posts

07-20-2009

US

6208 Signins

23762 Page Views

• Views: 23762
  • Message 47 of 47

2020-06-08, 18:06 PM

I'm hoping this is already on the list, but character placement is way off in many cases on the iPad in safari, at least in the signature field. See screencap below. It seems like inserting a comma causes overlap with the next word. See the word 'volunteer', and e.g. the M820z text. The buttons "quick" (reply?) and "Reply" are on different lines. The down arrow shows below the word 'options' (not in this screenshot) rather than to its side, and the tag box has uneven padding in the left and the right.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete