Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

IntroductionForum Housekeeping
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-12-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Puzzled by the "What is DOS?" under my username

2021-10-14, 3:47 AM

I was wondering where the "title" came from and could I change it. I've looked in the profile/settings and it's not present.

I realize it's probably considered trivial, but I'd rather have a meaningful line. Especially since my days on computers pre-dates DOS (Disk Operating System).

Granted, for this post, it has changed to "Paper Tape" I'd still like to change it.

Thank you.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ITL05, Win 10 Home Edition, 64 bit
Answer
Options

7337 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29372 Signins

1682508 Page Views

• Views: 1682508

Re:Puzzled by the "What is DOS?" under my username

2021-10-14, 3:54 AM

@ Digging4Roots wrote:

I was wondering where the "title" came from and could I change it. I've looked in the profile/settings and it's not present.

I realize it's probably considered trivial, but I'd rather have a meaningful line. Especially since my days on computers pre-dates DOS (Disk Operating System).

Granted, for this post, it has changed to "Paper Tape" I'd still like to change it.

Thank you.

Check out this historic thread on forum ranks: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Housekeeping/The-new-ranks-are-here-The-new-ranks-are-here/td-p/229411

Bottom line... you can, actually, change your rank, but only by continued community participation. Enjoy the journey. ;-)

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

7337 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29372 Signins

1682508 Page Views

• Views: 1682508
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Puzzled by the "What is DOS?" under my username

2021-10-14, 3:54 AM

@ Digging4Roots wrote:

Thank you.

Check out this historic thread on forum ranks: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Housekeeping/The-new-ranks-are-here-The-new-ranks-are-here/td-p/229411

Bottom line... you can, actually, change your rank, but only by continued community participation. Enjoy the journey. ;-)

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)