04-20-2018

GB

41 Signins

278 Page Views

• Views: 278
  • Message 1 of 8

Re: Why Can't I Create A New Topic?

2018-05-01, 19:46 PM

No kidding an increase in volume .Could it be something to do with a botched update ? I understand you position on duplicate posts .But have a foolproof way of decreasing them. 

How about some communication . Something alone the lines of .

1"sorry we really messed that Oreo update up" we will stop asking if you charging cable is ok and can you try another cable/adapter/wall plug/house . 

2 actually give us some information about what the issue might be

3 say sorry again that our phones are getting hot and battery life is rubbish .yes my phone did get warm if I really worked it. Not sending a WhatsApp to ask what's for dinner . Which is what is happening now

4 we are going to stop saying it can take 48 hours for battery to recalibrate. We all know that some calibration is normal but 48 hrs fells like you are buying time. Plus I've gone past 48 hours and can just about keep battery at same percent of I leave on charger all the time

5 sorry one more time for not sending out any proactive information when we realised we had made a mistake.

6 tell us what you plan to do and when you plan to do it .

Mistakes happen there are a million combinations of software installed and usage of your hardware .Things get missed in testing. Happens all the time. That's not a problem . Not communicating or fixing quickly isn't the way to go here. The hardware you built is awesome for the price .it was the best phone I've ever had .and I've had a lot of phones of all flavours .

Please tell us what's happening

Options

1 Posts

05-01-2018

US

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 2 of 8

2018-05-01, 20:19 PM

agree. it shouldnt be this complicated.

Options

11 Posts

04-20-2018

GB

41 Signins

278 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2018-05-01, 20:22 PM

Or at least admit defeat and ota nougat. Giving this till lunch time then getting my HTC out of the drawer

Options

7946 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32487 Signins

1199085 Page Views

• Views: 1199085
  • Message 4 of 8

2018-05-01, 20:27 PM

Thanks for posting, I moved your post here because this is where you may ask questions about forum policies.

There are approximately 70 different product boards in this English language Community; there is one board for K8 phones. In almost every other board members use search to find relevant topics and join those conversations. Yes we expected an increase in traffic, that is normal when an update is released, we also expect people to read and follow the posting guidance offered; it's not asking a lot. In the last 6 months the K8 board has consumed an disproportionate amount of time for moderation leaving little or no time to actually participate in conversations.

The sad part is that when we have 50 new topics on the same subject and have to spend 4 man hours a day merging them into one discussion the statistics record only posts made in the originally started topic and not those merged in.  I'm responsible for the platform and reporting; if a topic is created and joined by 5 other members the topic has 6 participants. If 10 more are merged in there are still only 6 participants.

The posting guidelines were created to help members bring their issues to our attention; the days of using tally marks to measure participation are long long gone; it's all automated.  The Forum staff and Moderators, Moderators are volunteers and customers themselves, want to assist members, but if members can't help us to help them by simply following some not unreasonable guidance the job becomes increasingly more difficult.

The measures recently introduced are to keep the discussions focused and not disjointed; keeping things together helps us report to those who need to be informed and reinforces our arguments when requesting they look into an issue. Or did you think that the Forum staff are directly responsible for the Oreo ROM?

I'm also sorry to say that your other multiple posts, seemingly identical to that above this, were snapped by the spam filter.  I'll release them and move them to archives as duplicates.  Have you considered about being constructive with your participation rather than aggesive and negative?  Sometimes a little constructiveness can go a long way.

Lastly, a piece of advice, when you are a guest in someone else's domain, could also be a house, make sure you abide by common sense rules and, of course, the house rules; that way you do not experience problems.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

11 Posts

04-20-2018

GB

41 Signins

278 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2018-05-02, 8:38 AM

Hi, First an apology. I was perhaps a little direct, I was frustrated. No excuse. Also the multiple posts was a childish move. I'm sorry. I agree that perhaps the K8 forum is a little bit chaotic with multiple conversations on similar topics. I agree I didn’t help. Again sorry. I will abide by the rules of the “house”.

Support forums such as this have been a massive repository of help and information for me over the years. Helping me both personally and professionally. My frustration was that I had an issue after the update and came here looking for information and help. I saw a lot of people with the same problems and what I perceived to be little information above the usual things of restart/new cable/new charger (which we all know would solve this type of issue in most cases)

Let me state again. I have had a lot of phones over the years (as has everyone). From all manufacturers, Apple, Android and Windows phoneJ. The K8 note has been my favourite, hands down. The price, performance and hardware are all spot on. I foolishly updated to Oreo without doing some research first. That is my fault and some of my frustration is my fault because of this.

My post was not intended to be aggressive. Although it was perhaps a little too direct. As for constructive :-

I really think some information from Lenovo about the issue would go a long way to reducing the amount of posts. I fully understand that the forum staff are in no way responsible for the Oreo OTA update or the actual ROM itself. But I think you do have a responsibility to help Lenovo admit they may be an issue and that there is a solution being worked on.

I’ve tried all the fixes apart from factory reset, always a last resort. I will try that now and hopefully will be posting how much I love this phone again. Which to be fair I never did before now. Even though as stated it was the best phone I’ve ever had.

My understanding is that this is a Lenovo forum. Hosted on the Lenovo domain. With access and contribution from Lenovo employees for use by people who had paid for Lenovo products.

Options

7946 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32487 Signins

1199085 Page Views

• Views: 1199085
  • Message 6 of 8

2018-05-02, 10:06 AM

Accepted.

Now moving on and to clarify one point, your last one, I'm going to quote the Community Guidelines which I think explains a little about what we have here:

Objectives of Lenovo Discussion Forums:

These communities have been created to provide a high quality atmosphere in which users of Lenovo products and services may share experiences and expertise. While members from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, this forum is not designed as a dedicated and staffed support channel. This is an informal and public forum, and Lenovo does not guarantee the accuracy of information and advice posted here -- see important “Disclaimer of Warranties” section below.

To your other point on response; the K8 Note Oreo update was released on Friday 27th April, not a good time when those who are employed by Lenovo and tasked with assisting are just going into the weekend - mea culpa - and then add to that a national pulic holiday in a large number of countries around the world just 4 days later - mea culpa v.2.  Now we need to apply a little thought; this gives us 1 day to compile what was an absolute mess of information with high numbers of posts containing multiple issues with others on similar issues being splattered in on a regular basis.  Information needs to be gathered and collated before any conclusion can be reached as to what exactly is the cause of each issue being reported. If people want assistance they need to assist us in providing that information along with understanding that IF a fix is required it definitely isn't going to happen overnight; the symptom needs to be reproduced reliably in order to identify root cause.  We are happy to report what is being looked into when we know that an issue, which requires attention, is at hand.

Usually, historically, it is possible to dispense with any test results created within at least the first 48 hours of up-time after an update as was released; the new OS will be keeping the phone busy in the backgoround with all that it does.  Personally I'd start testing after 72 hours and full shut down / new start. If I were to see some negatives I would probably hard reset the device and wait another at least 48 hours before starting any testing; the device will be sorting itself, calibrating and syncing apps etc. like crazy which means using battery and creating heat.  You will actually see now that some members are reporting that things are calming down with some issues and others that a full factory reset have solved their issues.

Now we are achieving some sort of order in the K8 board we may well be able to start moving forwards but, as stated, things don't happen overnight.

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

11 Posts

04-20-2018

GB

41 Signins

278 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2018-05-02, 19:54 PM

Humble pie time (which I'm told is good for you:smileyhappy:) . Thank for heads up re actual Lenovo involvement. It's a fair point. My incorrect asumtion.which if I'd have looked for it I could have dispelled. 

I updated in Sunday. I all ready had a busy work week planned and having my phone not able to keep charge really added to my stress. Now things have calmed down,partly because of your thoughtful response, and I'm thinking a little more clearly .I went for a factory reset. Which I hate doing .Although most apps now using cloud storage it's not as bad as it used to be . But still not something I enjoy.  Everything is much better. Battery actually charging instead of just holding at same percentage even on a 2A charger.I can use it without cooking my ear and it isn't dropping a percent a minute. Finally my phone is awesome again. Still reinstalling apps and trying to remember the logins for them .But looking good after 4 hours .

Thanks .

And sorry again for rant. 

When I get some spare time after apps installed I hope to re-align my chi by actually contributing to community. 

Options

8044 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77113 Signins

2180243 Page Views

• Views: 2180243
  • Message 8 of 8

2018-05-08, 12:16 PM

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete