11-09-2009

New York

56 Signins

655 Page Views

• Views: 655
  • Message 1 of 4

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade fulfillment discussion

2009-12-09, 5:51 AM
Hmm...  You guys have removed several of my posts since I am not a Lenovo Fanboy.

I wonder what this latest post said?   Maybe that Lenovo is fully responsible for this upgrade program debacle?  That's what I said, and you deleted my post without further ado.

Learn something Lenovo fangirls and boys.  You are better served if you do not delete negative posts, and post positive replies.

Lenovo is responsible for any issues related to their customer service. 

NOT Microsoft, Mentor Media, etc.

Come on guys, grow some guts and take some responsiblity.  Stop this blame game.

wrote:
A message that violated the forum rules was removed from public view.

Options

19 Posts

11-26-2009

US

255 Signins

1014 Page Views

• Views: 1014
  • Message 2 of 4

2009-12-09, 6:35 AM

No, the removed message told people where they could get a Windows 7 installation image and the contents of the Lenovo Software disk.  Its the same stuff everyone has been waiting for (minus the Activation Key).

The cool thing is that if you have these items you could get yourself up and running and then activate the software once Lenovo decides to send us the upgrades we paid for months ago.

I am guessing the message was deleted because the same site tells you how to get around having Microsoft Activation Keys.  I can see that the site wants to keep on the legal side of things, but man getting the Windows 7 Installation and Lenovo utilities was nice.  I paid for them a month ago.  I feel fine about downloading them from the site.  I will wait until Lenovo sends me me License key to Activate Win 7.

Options

33 Posts

11-09-2009

New York

56 Signins

655 Page Views

• Views: 655
  • Message 3 of 4

2009-12-09, 13:32 PM

How does it violate forum rules to state that you are allowed by Microsoft to install Windows 7 and wait 30 days or more to do the activation?  Digital River is an MS partner and any google will show that you can get the ISO image from them directly.  [Why did Lenovo/Mentor go down this weird path?  To scam everyone out of $17.03 for "handling and shipping"?]

I posted a message that got deleted on the $17 thread stating that I used the retail copy that I used to upgrade one computer to upgrade my new T500, and when my free upgrade kit finally arrived, I used the key to activate.

Legally, this is completely fine.  MS allows the product to be non-activated for 30 days or more, and I received a legal key and activated.

Why delete these posts?

PS: I am an attorney in the third district of NY.

wrote:
A message that violated the forum rules was removed from public view.

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

US

23522 Signins

803300 Page Views

• Views: 803300
  • Message 4 of 4

2010-02-06, 21:52 PM

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete